Xbox going 'kiddy'?

Originally posted by Nonny

All consoles have kiddy games so this topic is not even relevant.

Oh my god, I'll try to explain for the last time.

Xbox announced. Fanboys knock every other console coming to the market or presently on the market. Their cries of "mature, mature" fill the forums of the internet, along with their drivel of "kiddy, kiddy" aimed at Nintendo (they only knocked the PS2 in the graphics area). For months, most posts regarding the merits of either system have come to "Nintendo kiddy, because of Mario, while Xbox rules, because of Halo" from these fanboys.

The point of this topic was not to make fun of the Xbox, or any other console. The point WAS to ask what the fanboys are going to do now that their beloved MATURE console might stoop to releasing games for the younger crowd. The opinion of Nintendo as a 'kiddy' console persists even after numerous releases of 'mature' games, so will we all call the Xbox 'kiddy' now that they might release some less 'mature' games?

I hate the label 'kiddy'. This name calling is more immature than any Pok?mon game could ever be. I play games because they are good, I don't rate my games on the amount of blood in them.

Mario Sunshine rules.

haha, technically, you can install an os on xbox :p

dont wanna have to get into details, etc

btw, I must admit, I was one of those that thought mario sunshine was kiddy. My friend just IMed me one day, telling me he can't wait for sunshine. My response was: wtf?! that's a kid game, etc

but seriously, after taking a look at it, i would say that sh|t looks pretty fun.

I agree silly_walk, but just so you know Xbox fanboys arent the only ones saying that about Gamecube.

You have Forbes, CNN, Ps2 fanboys, etc. Its like saying that gamecube fanboys are bashing Xbox for mature games. I don't like fanboys either, but without them there would be no competition and developers wouldnt get ideas from what they complain and wish for etc. I have all three consoles btw, and like each of them equally. All i am saying is one or two kiddy games wont change the image when the majority is fps, beat em up, etc. And for nintendo one or two mature games wont change their image.

Originally posted by Nonny

I agree silly_walk, but just so you know Xbox fanboys arent the only ones saying that about Gamecube.

I know, makes you wonder if the reviewers actually saw anything or just asked people which they wanted and why.

Why doesn't M$ just call the d4mn thing the "HaloBox" and get it over with. It's all you ever hear about when someone mentions the XBox. Aren't there any other games out for it worth a crap or what? I've seen Halo, watched two of my friends play it for a couple of hours, and it reminded me of pretty much every FPS game, only with prettier graphics.

*yawn*

*Waits for the revamped Xbox version of Goldeneye*

I have one question tho, for those of you who consider games like Mario "kiddie", why do you persisently feel the need to talk about them, call them kiddie and stir up arguments? Do you have some sick desire to just sit here, waste your life away by causing arguments over something you don't like, never play and most likely never touch?

I swear this reminds me why I stay away from the idiots in civilization. So I don't loose braincells and IQ points and end up dumber like they are.

Originally posted by modem

*Waits for the revamped Xbox version of Goldeneye*

You'll be waiting for a long time. EA own the rights for James Bond, half the Goldeneye team instantly left to form Free Radical and some of the Perfect Dark team have left.

Super Mario Sunshine rules. No doubt about it, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is addictive, and it's great fun to play. I brought it the day it came out over here in the UK, and I have a friend staying for a few weeks, he brought his PS2. Since I brought SMS, the PS2 has been redundant, not played by either of us.

- ZX

Originally posted by azazel-

Why doesn't M$ just call the d4mn thing the "HaloBox" and get it over with. It's all you ever hear about when someone mentions the XBox. Aren't there any other games out for it worth a crap or what? I've seen Halo, watched two of my friends play it for a couple of hours, and it reminded me of pretty much every FPS game, only with prettier graphics.

*yawn*

great, some more bashing :rolleyes:

How about:

Splinter Cell

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance

Ghost Recon

Counterstrike

Unreal Championship

there are others. You say that you you watched a couple of friends playing halo.. that statement just screwed your entire argument. You didnt play it yourself, you just watched some friends play it.

Originally posted by azazel-

*yawn*

but if you mention ps2 you hear gta3

and if gc pops up you hear about the new graphics in resi evil

Originally posted by NeoSigma

Xbox is a computer and like any computer it gets obsolete in a year.

Gamecube is too.

So is the PS2...

Xbox is just the best computer made for playing games on a TV.

So what if it's x86 based and the rest aren't? o_O

Originally posted by o_87

First of all, Xbox isnt a PC. If it was a PC you would be able to install an OS on it. You can only run Xbox games on it so it is a console. And it will last more than a year.. its supported by M$...

The Xbox is a computer.

So is the Gamecube.

So is the PS2.

So is the Dreamcast.

You can run Linux on the Xbox.

You can run Linux on the PS2 (officially supported).

You can run Linux on the Dreamcast.

However, you can't run Linux on the Gamecube yet because there's nothing yet that'll write the miniDVDs, that's the only reason.

Personally, i dont care what a particular game's rating is, unless it's a multiplatform FPS that has a lower rating on one platform than another. Even then it doesnt really matter, because if you're really into a game, most people dont notice the subtle differences anyhow. Video game purchasing for me is all about the gameplay. I'd rather play Mario Sunshine than Halo. It's all about the challenge and non-redundancy of the gameplay.

My friend got an xbox for x-mas last year and pretty much the only game any of us ever plays there is Halo. Gets old for me.

Just MHO