More PS3 Downgrades On The Way?

why do you guys even give any clout to anonymous sources like this by speculating on them? this is rediculous! Who knows if any of it is true or not, we can not speculate- its the nature of the industry, anything can happen!

why do you guys even give any clout to anonymous sources like this by speculating on them? this is rediculous! Who knows if any of it is true or not, we can not speculate- its the nature of the industry, anything can happen!

aww i love reading their "speculations".

Kind of a bad analogy there. There is obviously only 2 possible answers in that example. Of course if one is wrong, the other is right. This is not the case with the PS3 rumours, where there are many possible answers. Saying one is wrong there doesn't make the other right.

Bad analogy? Ok so you were proving them wrong by the RSX "done" information:

Kotaku: RSX is done

Inquirer: No its not

:whistle:

Yeah I saw that yesterday, just relaying the same story with some old rumours that the IM conversation was based on. I like it how they dodged their RSX story there; "We were wrong, so let's not really talk about it and go onto something else". ^_^

How did they dodge their RSX story? :huh:

Bad analogy? Ok so you were proving them wrong by the RSX "done" information:

Kotaku: RSX is done

Inquirer: No its not

I guess you haven't been paying enough attention the whole time to realise that wasn't the only thing I was talking about with the sources. I can understand though, it may be hard to follow for some people.

How did they dodge their RSX story? :huh:

Well they didn't even link to their story which mentions RSX isn't final and then quickly move past their 'Cell is broken' story which has since found to be misinterpreted. Inq hardly ever admit they are wrong though, so it makes sense.

And Kotaku sure is pro-PS3:

'According to the upside down employees of Toys 'R' Us in Australia, the release date for the Wii is November. The same November that the Wii kicks the crap out of the PS3."

Or not...

I guess you haven't been paying enough attention the whole time to realise that wasn't the only thing I was talking about with the sources. I can understand though, it may be hard to follow for some people.

Talk about self ownage:

This does not say the RSX was downgraded. It also says it is finished, which contradicts with The Inquirer. You can't believe both sources at the same time.

Well they didn't even link to their story which mentions RSX isn't final and then quickly move past their 'Cell is broken' story which has since found to be misinterpreted. Inq hardly ever admit they are wrong though, so it makes sense.

Their numbers on RSX do match up though, however the RSX not done is a mistake on their part, which like typical of Inquirer, they will never admit.

And Kotaku sure is pro-PS3:

'According to the upside down employees of Toys 'R' Us in Australia, the release date for the Wii is November. The same November that the Wii kicks the crap out of the PS3."

Or not...

Ok, so they have turned the corner and become a Wii fansite, big whoop. :rofl: Atleast I remember their hyped the hell out of PS3 (I think last year) and kicked both Nintendo & Microsoft.

Talk about self ownage:

Yes, I knew you'd post that, oh yeah, pure ownage, cough. Now, since you didn't understand the first time, a square is either a square or not a square. Only 2 possibilities are right, yes. With these PS3 rumours it's not that simple. Just because Inq was wrong about RSX doesn't make Kotaku right about everything else. Many combinations can exist; RSX is still not in final spec, RSX is in final spec but has production issues, RSX is up and working, RSX was finished months ago, RSX was finished a week ago, RSX is finished but is not running properly with Cell, etc. Now, it can only be one of those, or somethine else, so if a source overlaps another source, one is definitely incorrect. But that does not mean the other is correct by default, not in this example. "If one is wrong the other is correct, pretty simple logic." Sorry to say but that doesn't work for everything. And I'm not saying that they're both definitely wrong, not at all, one could be right, the probability is always there. But your logic just does not work for this situation.

Ok, so they have turned the corner and become a Wii fansite, big whoop.

Which makes them posting this article not surprising at all.

Yes, I knew you'd post that, oh yeah, pure ownage, cough. Now, since you didn't understand the first time, a square is either a square or not a square. Only 2 possibilities are right, yes. With these PS3 rumours it's not that simple. Just because Inq was wrong about RSX doesn't make Kotaku right about everything else. Many combinations can exist; RSX is still not in final spec, RSX is in final spec but has production issues, RSX is up and working, RSX was finished months ago, RSX was finished a week ago, RSX is finished but is not running properly with Cell, etc. Now, it can only be one of those, or somethine else, so if a source overlaps another source, one is definitely incorrect. But that does not mean the other is correct by default, not in this example. "If one is wrong the other is correct, pretty simple logic." Sorry to say but that doesn't work for everything. And I'm not saying that they're both definitely wrong, not at all, one could be right, the probability is always there. But your logic just does not work for this situation.

All that and you still are wiggling out of your own comparison. You used the "RSX done, not done" to prove that one of them was wrong. I'm done with this, its clear you that you cant admit you were wrong and proving it to you is like beating a dead horse.

Which makes them posting this article not surprising at all.

Well then it can only be damaging to their own readers/fanbase.

All that and you still are wiggling out of your own comparison. You used the "RSX done, not done" to prove that one of them was wrong. I'm done with this, its clear you that you cant admit you were wrong and proving it to you is like beating a dead horse.

Hehe, I'm sorry you can't support your logic. My comparison has always been to show that one (or both) is incorrect. You tried to use my comparison to show that one is correct. That didn't work, and I've been showing you why it didn't work but you keep wanting to sidestep that and go to a different argument which can only work by you disregarding your own statement. I'll try to make it point form for you:

* I mention that since one source says it's not final spec and the other says it was finished months ago, that at least one source must be wrong, since they're contradicting.

* After a while of running in circles, you claim that if one of them is not true, then the other must be.

* I say that doesn't apply, since just because Inq says it's not final doesn't automatically make Kotaku's source about it being complete months ago correct like you suggested. As you see above, I listed other a couple other realities that could exist, showing you that "If one is wrong the other is correct" does not really apply in this instance and you're using a vague interpretation to try make your comment work.

* You beat off to a dead horse.

* The end.

Now do you still think "If one is wrong the other is correct" works in this discussion, knowing full well we've been talking about sources this whole time? And I'll say it once more, if two different rumours contradict, it means one is incorrect, yet it does not mean the other is accurate either.

Well then it can only be damaging to their own readers/fanbase.

Happens all the time. Many sites. Nothing new.