Steelers' Roethlisberger Is in Accident

When your job requires you to wear a helmet all the time for safety purposes, why wouldn't you wear one when your riding a bike that can go in excess of 250km/h

1) Hes not one of the best players in the league (not even close). Not even in the top 5 at his own position.

2) Driving a motorcycle without a helmet is stupid.

3) Driving a motorcycle without a helmet when earning millions of dollars playing pro football while your contracts specifically says not to is really really stupid.

Yeah, because having a 99.5 qb rating in his first two years, having the best completion % in the past two years, a 22-3 record and beign the youngest qb to win a superbowl, he must be the worst then.

But yes, he did a tupid thing and if he ruins his career because of this I will be EXTREMELY disgusted, sad even.

Well, from the updates I've read, the big problems are with his face and the laceration on his head. Fortunately, speaking from a football standpoint, his knees are cut but not damaged as far as ligaments and such go (a la Winslow or Jay Williams). Also, on ESPN.com, they mentioned the contract stipulations as far as stuff like this goes and basically it's common to not include such clauses because it's "not necessary". The problem is that the more money these guys get, the more fame they have, and the more popular athletes are becoming, they NEED clauses like this. If I'm paying someone millions of dollars and they are under contract with me, I'm putting in a assload of stipulations.

The sad thing is that it's becoming far too fashionable to ride a bike nowdays and the process to get a motorcycle license (at least in California) is not very hard at all, it's easier than a car. I hope he recovers and is able to come back to football but somebody needs to take a stand on this stuff. Make an example of somebody.

state of pa doesnt require you to wear a helmet

nothing was said tonight about busted knees on espn and nfl net it was exaggerated like always

@ lethal how can you say his carreer is done? he basically got a hockey injury (broken jaw, lost teeth) 100 bucks says he's playing by week 4

as for the contact, do you honestly think the rooneys would take money from him for this , i think he learned his lesson now

Great, another celeb on a motorcycle that gets in a wreck that is their own fault. Add to the bad names motorcycles already have, thankyou. Idiot.

it was reported that he had the green light and the lady pulled out in front of him. get your facts straight. idiot

Yeah, because having a 99.5 qb rating in his first two years, having the best completion % in the past two years, a 22-3 record and beign the youngest qb to win a superbowl, he must be the worst then.

But yes, he did a tupid thing and if he ruins his career because of this I will be EXTREMELY disgusted, sad even.

Didn't say he was the worst...just not in the top 5

Hopefully he can play again though. I like him, but that is gonna hurt.

@ lethal how can you say his carreer is done? he basically got a hockey injury (broken jaw, lost teeth) 100 bucks says he's playing by week 4

The initial report said he had severly damaged both of his knees, hence why I said his career was done :whistle:

I have checked with a friend who plays for the Cincinnati Bengals, and rides his bikes, (including the same model that Ben Crashed). He said that the contract doesn't directly rules out riding without helmets, but the out is that if he gets injured, you can lose the contract bonuses and lose salary money. Some newer contracts do not allow you to ride motorcycles, horses, ATVs, and certain sports cars, or 4x4ing. Not that everyone follows the rules. but there are there.

PS - Hope Ben gets better.

PS2 - No pictures of the blood spots on the ground, as others are showing?

Not saying he deserved it but I can't stand hearing anything about Steelers after what they took out Pallmer and left us with kitna thereof destroying any chance we had of going to the superbowl in years.

LMAO...I can name 5 QBs better than him right now.

1)Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Matt Hasselback

4) Brett Favre

5) Donovan McNabb

want me to keep going ??

Trent Green, Daute Culpepper (although coming off knee surgery), Carson Palmer, Michael Vick.

Think about this, how many TD's did he have in the playoffs liast year? 1, none in the super bowl.

Believe me, hes a fine player but he is not in the top-tier of QB's now and remember, the steelers dont let him pass that much hence thre compeletion %. Maybe in 5 years.

:)

1)Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Matt Hasselback

4) Brett Favre

5) Donovan McNabb

want me to keep going ??

Trent Green, Daute Culpepper (although coming off knee surgery), Carson Palmer, Michael Vick.

Think about this, how many TD's did he have in the playoffs liast year? 1, none in the super bowl.

Believe me, hes a fine player but he is not in the top-tier of QB's now and remember, the steelers dont let him pass that much hence thre compeletion %. Maybe in 5 years.

Those first four I would probably agree are better and Palmer and Green are about the same with him IMO but Culpepper... and Vick not a chance especially not Vick :whistle:

On the local radio talk show WEEI, they were ripping on him and everyone that doesn't wear a helmet.

They had a representative on from the AMA and he couldn't come up with 1 reason why people don't wear a helmet other than "the wind feels good in your hair".

I live in Pittsburgh and one of the local news stations said that he had no damage to his knees as originally speculated. The doctors @ Mercy say he will be released within 2-5 days and has a slight chance of making the July 28 start of training.

His learning permit expired on March 29 I think, so he was driving illegally at the time of the incident. (No more than a couple hundred dollars fine.)

what was the ebay link for? it's gone now.

this should have been avoided. first off, a learning permit and driving a frickin' busa!!! in case you don't know, thats the most powerful production bike ever made. second, not wearing a helmet while riding the most powerful production bike ever made (even tho you should wear a helmet riding ANY bike).

the actual crash wasn't his fault though. stupid cage driver, not paying attention, not aware of other vehicles on the road, just turns left in front of him. i wonder if he was wearing leathers. had he been wearing leathers and a helmet, he prolly would have walked away with a few minor scratches and a bruise or two.

of course, i'm shopping for a bike right now, and my gf gave me a bunch of grief about this.

The e-bay auction was an empty box that said "Roethlisberger helmet replica!".

News said he broke upper/lower jaw, lost most teeth, broke numerous facial bones.

what was the ebay link for? it's gone now.

this should have been avoided. first off, a learning permit and driving a frickin' busa!!! in case you don't know, thats the most powerful production bike ever made. second, not wearing a helmet while riding the most powerful production bike ever made (even tho you should wear a helmet riding ANY bike).

the actual crash wasn't his fault though. stupid cage driver, not paying attention, not aware of other vehicles on the road, just turns left in front of him. i wonder if he was wearing leathers. had he been wearing leathers and a helmet, he prolly would have walked away with a few minor scratches and a bruise or two.

of course, i'm shopping for a bike right now, and my gf gave me a bunch of grief about this.

Yeah, it's amazing what a helmet and leathers can do to protect you.

1)Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Matt Hasselback

4) Brett Favre

5) Donovan McNabb

want me to keep going ??

You are a funny guy I think you better go look at the NFL stats again. he broke half a dozen benchmarks including several by mr manning. true I wouldnt say he is the best quarterback ever but as of right now he is in the top 3 manning being number 2. anyway bens a friend I know his parents and his sister who is awesome at basketball and he is doing well he'll be out of the hospital in a few days.

I cant stand the steelers. However, this is one of the saddest days the NFL will ever see. He was being groomed to be the next Terry Bradshaw. He had the stats, stature, and skill. Anyone who thinks this guy is not in the top three QB's in the league knows nothing about the game. The dude was a phenom. He didnt have one superstar to ride on, it was pure skill. The dude is a genius behind the line. I hope to God that he can pull through and make a full recovery. Not for the Steelers, but for football.

dude all it comes down to is rings. i didn't check completely, but not many people on that list even have rings. i'd take the steelers, with no major superstars and ben over the colts with all their big names and manning passing for a million yards and 1000 TDs. why? cuz ben can lead his team when peyton fails.

dude all it comes down to is rings. i didn't check completely, but not many people on that list even have rings. i'd take the steelers, with no major superstars and ben over the colts with all their big names and manning passing for a million yards and 1000 TDs. why? cuz ben can lead his team when peyton fails.

You fail to realize that Ben didn't lead anybody because he barely even threw 20 passes/game. Without that running game, Ben would be mediocre :whistle: