Live messenger login

Hey,

I've got 2 logins which I use for msn messenger. The first being a @hotmail.com account, the other being my @philips.com account. I've used both accounts before for MSN even in the Live messenger but suddenly, from one day to another, my @philips.com account doesn't work anymore. My son can still login using his @wickedpuppy.net account.

I can login in using 7.5 but noy in the Live version, this really annoys me and hope anyone can help me out here!

Cheers,

James

Attachments: errorlivemessenger.JPG

post-44312-1150290771.jpg

i know you have said you used both, but did you register both as a windows live logon?

i had a problem not so long ago where i couldnt log in for a few hours but the problem sorted itself later that day

My @philips.com was used to register at the site. This problem has been going on for 2 days now so I don't think it will solf itself.

Just tried with another account that I made and this works as well. It seems only to be with this account. This is the account I just to register at LIVE so it should be working, it also has a passport. :(

right what you have to do.

go to your windows drive (c?)

documents and settings

your user name

local settings

Application Data

Microsoft

Windows Live Contacts

and delete the folder which is named your @phillips email.

Hope this helps, should work mate :)

documents and settings

your user name

local settings

Application Data

Microsoft

Windows Live Contacts

Just saw this over at mess.be and it does work, well now im happy, can use WLM again :D

• 2 weeks later...

documents and settings

your user name

local settings

Application Data

Microsoft

Windows Live Contacts

Haven't seen you in ages mate but once again you're coming out handy! Cheeeers! :D

Thank you for contacting Windows Live Messenger Technical Support. My name is Francis, and I'll be glad to assist you with your concern.

I have read the information that you have provided us, and I understand that you can’t sign in to your Windows Live Messenger and you received the error code 80004005. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cost you. Please know that I will be able to help you regarding this issue.

The errors like “Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the Messenger service at this time. Please try again later. 80004005” and “80004005: Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the Messenger service at this time. Please try again later” are common errors for connection issue. The likely solution is for you to remove the Contacts cache folder and try again.

In order to immediately solve your problem, please follow these instructions carefully. This may take a while so your patience is very much appreciated.

1. Determine the version of Messenger that you are using:

- In Messenger, click "About Messenger" on the "Help" menu.

Based on the information we have received, you are using Windows XP. The latest version of Messenger for your Windows version is Windows Live Messenger 8.0.

2. If you are not running the latest version, install Messenger by following these steps. Otherwise, go to step 3.

- To install Windows Live Messenger

a. Visit the following Web site:

http://ideas.live.com

b. Under "Windows Live Messenger Beta," click "Download."

c. Follow the steps in the wizard to complete installation.

- To install MSN Messenger

a. Visit the following Web site:

http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview

b. Click "Download Now."

c. In the File Download window, click "Open" or "Run" to start the installation.

d. Follow the steps in the wizard to complete installation.

3. Remove any third-party add-ons to Messenger, such as Messenger Plus or Smiley Central.

4. Delete the cache file for all accounts that sign in to Messenger on the computer:

- For MSN Messenger

a. Follow one of these steps:

-- If your computer is running Microsoft Windows or Windows XP, click "Start," click "Run," type "cmd", and then click "OK."

-- If your computer is running Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition, click "Start," click "Run," type "command", and then click "OK."

b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. After each command line, press ENTER:

cd\

cd %appdata%\microsoft

cd "msn messenger"

del /s listcache.dat

- For Windows Live Messenger

a. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is turned on:

i. Right-click "Start," and then click "Explore" to open Windows Explorer.

ii. On the "Tools" menu, click "Folder Options," and then click the "View" tab.

iii. In the "Advanced settings" box, select "Show hidden files and folders" under "Hidden files and folders."

iv. Click "OK" to close the window.

b. Locate the following folder, and then delete the contents of the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR WINDOWS LOGON NAME]\Contacts\[YOUR MICROSOFT PASSPORT NETWORK ADDRESS]

c. Locate the following folder, and then delete both folders that this folder contains:

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR WINDOWS LOGON NAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\[YOUR PASSPORT NETWORK ADDRESS]

5. Try to sign in to Messenger again.

I hope these steps resolve your concern with Windows Live Messenger. If you need further assistance, you may contact us at http://support.live.com. For additional information and self-help instructions, visit http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?ver...60-c6313f7ebb73.

Thank you for contacting Windows Live Messenger Technical Support. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Francis

Windows Live Messenger Technical Support

Follow these steps and try again, I'm sure it will work :) Tried and tested by gomaish

saw this solution elsewhere.

link here, http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.ph...832&postcount=1