Samsung E900 Review

Can some one tell me how well video looks from PC (say AVI -> MP4 like a ep of somthing) on the phone? (In full screen sideways *press 1 for this while watching*)

Pritty much what I want to know is if it is ok for watching some eps coverted to pc.

Thanks

how are ALL your pictures out of focus!?!?

I have no idea mate, pictures were taken with a D600, im not sure if that has a good auto focus.

Seems like a great phone, might get one. Been looking for the D600 but this seems to add the little extra.

J.

Its a great phone, better than D600 in my opinion. Just have to get used to the touch buttons.

Can some one tell me how well video looks from PC (say AVI -> MP4 like a ep of somthing) on the phone? (In full screen sideways *press 1 for this while watching*)

Pritty much what I want to know is if it is ok for watching some eps coverted to pc.

Thanks

havent tried converting avi -> mp4 but videos look alrite anyway the ones i take with camera when watching sideways. Obviously quality is not 100% but its watchable, afterall its a phone not a camcorder or video player

• 2 weeks later...

Did your E900 come with an AV/TV-Out cable? Because mine didn't and I notice you have very different packaging to that which mine came in. (Mine is a yellow, white and black box with a fold-up flap thingy on the front) I haven't been too happy with this phone so far as it has many faults including running out of batteries within 24 hours of a full charge, the EXTREMELY sensitive "hang up" key (which I've tried to get used to, but its almost impossible to use the phone with it as sensitive as it is) SMS messages either failing to send or taking far too long, calls taking a looong time to connect and then when trying to hang up having the phone lock up totally to the point where i have to remove the battery and put it in again..... what is the E900 running Windows firmware or something!?... although I am suspicious of the parallel import store I purchased it from, currently unsure on whether or not to return it...

EDIT: My appologies, I notice you did list the package contents in your review. Sorry. However mine only came with "Bobby Carrot" and some spaceship game, no Lemmings!?!?! I LOVE LEMMINGS!??!?! I must say I am rather miffed with Samsung and their constantly differentiating packages...

Edited by DigitallyInsane^

• 2 weeks later...

I will be getting mine tomorrow or monday, do samsung release firmware updates? never used them before

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?co...1&thread=18 :shiftyninja:

im not sure sure, id certainly flash mine if they did, i seen on an expansys forum that there was a russian "hacked" firmware that allowed it to vibrate and ring, im not too keen on reading russian on my phone, plus its not official by samsung.

As for TV-out well, no unfortunatly i did not get a tv out cable in the box, to be honest i dont think you really need one after seeing how bad it looked with the D600

im not sure sure, id certainly flash mine if they did, i seen on an expansys forum that there was a russian "hacked" firmware that allowed it to vibrate and ring, im not too keen on reading russian on my phone, plus its not official by samsung.

It's a russian firmware but you can change it to English. This allows it to vibrate and ring at the same time.

Edited by saxondale.

How is the Music player of this phone ?

Is it as good as the Walkman SE series ?

I mean, it has options to sort by Artists/Albums and etc ?

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the music player ?

Thanks E900 users .... :D

On the menus, you get a little box which shows you whats in that option, anyway you can disable that? its annoying

(sorry, edit buton was gone from my previous post)

• 4 weeks later...

How do you change band seletion on E900? Or is it auto change the band when you are in different network. I know that Asia and U.S.A have different band so that if I want to use asia I need to switch to other like my old Samsung E720.

By the way, this phone has strength singal, but when I was trying to call someone the signal was not stable (it kept going up and down), I think that was why I had bad sound quality when I was talking on the phone.

About the sensitive touch button. Just use your left thumb, you will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I found a problem with mine, everytime I try to press a buttom the big main one in the middle always moves or makes a sound so its really annoying me :(

Its wobbly in the middle, anyone else got this problem?

Nice review. Is the D900 the best Samsung phone at the moment? Also, any chance of it coming to the USA, maybe through Cingular?

screw Cingular, they get all the good phones

• 4 weeks later...
I found a problem with mine, everytime I try to press a buttom the big main one in the middle always moves or makes a sound so its really annoying me :(

Its wobbly in the middle, anyone else got this problem?

not had that problem never, it sounds as if it might be faulty, try getting a replacement. I on the other hand have started to go off the phone :( it might be the phone or then again it might be T-Mobile but sometimes it does not ring, when people ring and they are right infront of me also i get lots of missed calls now it doesnt even ring, which is getting annoying. Nokia N93 here i come :p

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect the thread but i was going to buy an E900 to replace my Nokia 3510i of 4 years and i have a few small questions:

• Firstly i have read that you cannot use the phones MP3 player to play MP3's off of the microsd card, although this sounds ridiculous i just want to check...
  • Secondly what is the battery life like, how long is it before it starts to wear out and how fast does it go if you use the Mp3 player or camera?
  • Finally is it possible to get a small adaptor to use normal headphones with the phone? (or is it even included?)

Any help is appreciated, thanks :D

• 1 month later...
Sorry to resurrect the thread but i was going to buy an E900 to replace my Nokia 3510i of 4 years and i have a few small questions:
  • Firstly i have read that you cannot use the phones MP3 player to play MP3's off of the microsd card, although this sounds ridiculous i just want to check...
  • Secondly what is the battery life like, how long is it before it starts to wear out and how fast does it go if you use the Mp3 player or camera?
  • Finally is it possible to get a small adaptor to use normal headphones with the phone? (or is it even included?)

Any help is appreciated, thanks :D

okies first of all the phone is pretty old now, i managed to get an N95 to replace this, i wouldnt reccomend this unless you are getting it for dirt cheap.

1. You can play Mp3 of the microsd card.

2. Batter is decent can last 3 hours maybe 4 of continous playing of MP3s without headphones, but then again the phone was not made as a mp3 player, its just an added novelty

3. Not sure if you can get an adapter for normal headphones but samsung do provide thier own which are not that bad.

• 3 months later...
I used to have a phone like that and I hated it. Whenever you want to listen to music on your phone you never have the adaptor with you.

nice review - lots of deail :-> I've read a few sites on this phone now and the opinion varies a bit. One place I found that was good for expert reviews and video on the Samsung SGH E900 even had a few photos and the like which i found helpful. Hope that helps others that landed here doing their own research:->