England vs Trinidad were lucky by their hair.

Well, being the only trini here right now I'll just put my 2 cents. Both teams did their best but it was England who came out victorious in the end. I mean, we should have won (everyone would like their team to win), but hats off to the English lads for taking the match. It's heartening to know that for 83 minutes, we at least held our ground against one of the world's best football teams.

Its just that the original poster is making what Peter Crouch did is such a big deal. If this is a big deal, then players manhandling players whilst taking a corner is a big deal as well. A eye for a eye ;) Bad logic i know but a bit tired atm :whistle:

*backs away from thread*

Your comparing the holding of jersey's in a corner kick with 15+ players in the box to a player pulling someone's hair, impeding him of jumping on a 1 v 1 and ending up scoring.

Your comparing the holding of jersey's in a corner kick with 15+ players in the box to a player pulling someone's hair, impeding him of jumping on a 1 v 1 and ending up scoring.

Well he should cut his hair instead of giving an advantage to the opposition then ;)

Even if Crouch never grabbed the fella's hair (instinct?) I am sure he would of got to the ball anyway due to his sheer height.

Even if Crouch never grabbed the fella's hair (instinct?) I am sure he would of got to the ball anyway due to his sheer height.

That, of course, is debatable.

Come on, Crouch is six foot seven! I am surprised he does not smack his head on the crossbar when he stands up :laugh:!

Funny :laugh:

Why I say its debatable is because if Sancho's hair wasn't being pulled, he could've interfered with the crossing and caused Crouch to miss the header or head it over the bar.

Funny :laugh:

Why I say its debatable is because if Sancho's hair wasn't being pulled, he could've interfered with the crossing and caused Crouch to miss the header or head it over the bar.

Guess we will never know then ;)

Crouch is a legend anyway in my eyes. He got booed when he made his debut, and now look at him!

In all honesty, he looks like a guy that starves to death. He is so tall and his body structure is so thin, it worries me when someone tackles him :pinch:

In all honesty, he looks like a guy that starves to death. He is so tall and his body structure is so thin, it worries me when someone tackles him :pinch:

I feel like that sometimes. Scared of a nasty leg break, his long legs look so thin that they could snap easily :o.

But he has not really been very prone to injuries at Liverpool - touch wood.

That is pretty bad sportsmanship I must say looking at the video clip! I'm English and of course I want us to win but only by fair play!

I must say I never even saw a hint of that during the game... but looking at it in slow mo there, it LOOKS like he is trying to ready himself for the header/jump and reaches out to palm the guy's shoulder to get some extra height, this is pretty ordinary stuff when 2 players compete for a header in mid-air, often bouncing off one another.

... but then it looks like instead of resting his palm on the shoulder he grabs the nearest "object" (the ponytail), takes the jump and just goes for it (and his body stiffening up ready for the header just holds on, like those reflexes when you prepare for something and tense up). In my eyes very likely no malicious intent, but it's unfortunate it happened... just one of those things in the heat of the moment I guess.