[Contest] Windows Vista DVD Cover

Question

Hey. i decieded to have a contest just to showcase our talents. not for money or stuff just for pure entertainment.

I thought about something people will be willing to do.

This is what i came up with:

Make a DVD Cover for Windows Vista Ultimate/whatever... Edition.

Make it as professional as you can or as creative.

There was one earlier which was awesome, but that was beta1, lets see what we can do for beta2

you can make one for beta2, rc1, or the final edition whatever you please.

Let the contest begin!

Prize: its always fun to have a prize in a contest. The winner will be chosen in approximately two weeks time.

Your Artwork and link to your site, showcased on mine! Not much i no, but hey, better than nothing. i will publish my site onine as well. you can check for updates at statixcentral.net

i will submit my entry after schools ends in two days!

I am in no way affiliated with Microsoft, or working for them

I dont have time to finish the whole dvd cover design at this time. I do have time to show you a preview of the front cover only. I hope you like it.

post-34211-1151066229_thumb.jpg

Nicholas-C I know it's an ODD dvd cover but the idea behind is this. Beta 2 only crack the surface of what it can do before Vista RC2 final release. Which is why you see a crack in the design. I'm just joking. I didn't have time with it yet. I'm only giving you a preview of it. The front is going to look great.

Vidar, I really like the back side of your dvd cover but I really don't like the front that much. ;)

Nicholas-C I know it's an ODD dvd cover but the idea behind is this. Beta 2 only crack the surface of what it can do before Vista RC2 final release. Which is why you see a crack in the design. I'm just joking. I didn't have time with it yet. I'm only giving you a preview of it. The front is going to look great.

Vidar, I really like the back side of your dvd cover but I really don't like the front that much. ;)

Heh, well sometimes we are our own worst critic. I didn't really have any ideas for the front since the branding of Vista seems to keep changing (Just look at the different front pages of the vista site on MS). I'll work on it this weekend. Trying to get into the "Microsoft branding" mode is rough.

My front cover design. Will get the side and back down this weekend. I hope you like the front.

1415029474.jpg

you no what im gonna start a contest on my site and offer a prize. these are awesome.

the ones by vidar and ACTIONpack were amazing.

and AladdinsRath...was interesting. lol

nice work

My best try.. props to ActionPack for the right hand side (Just updated for B2 start button)

ActionPack's Oct. 5th Peice

this would be awsome in a full size image that could be read so that we could print it and use it.

I dont have time to finish the whole dvd cover design at this time. I do have time to show you a preview of the front cover only. I hope you like it.

post-34211-1151066229_thumb.jpg

How about putting "Ms vista beta 2" or whatever on top of the crack and then have in a smaller font and italics "Just a crack in the surface compared to the full version" or something

I'll post a full version later tonight. I merely gave the preview since it was a "contest". Still haven't had a chance to work on the front/side design.

Heh, actionPack, want to team up? ;p

How about putting "Ms vista beta 2" or whatever on top of the crack and then have in a smaller font and italics "Just a crack in the surface compared to the full version" or something

I think his was just a preview of what he's working on, so he didn't give all of it away ;)