NHL Off-season Moves

Everyone says we needed wingers but we were able to be in the top 10 in scoring last year with these wingers (essentially).

Yes, once upon a time Antropov was supposed to be a centre. He was also supposed to be a superstar. Same thing with Chad Kilger. Even Darcy Tucker played a fair bit of centre back in Tampa Bay. These players have all made a transition to the wing over the last few years. Matt Stajan also seems capable of playing the wing. Other guys like Wellwood would best be left as a centre.

Whether or not we are loaded at centre is a bit of a perspective thing.

The biggest problem with the Leafs last year was that they sucked horribly when at even strength.

haha, I still remember when all the Leafs fans I know were telling me how Antropov was an amazing talent and how the Leafs were trading him to the Red Wings for Henrik Zetterberg :laugh:

Sorry, I just think it's funny all the trade rumors some Leafs fans believe. I'm not saying all their fans, just some.

Peca is on the leafs now?

I still think without Mats Sundin Toronto would be at the bottom of the NHL standings, around Pittsburgh area. :/

Well that was a great response :rolleyes:

Considering that for the most part they've been contenders for the playoffs the past 5 years, I'd say so.

I've heard several hockey analysts (including John Davidson and Al Strachan) say that the Isles have the most backwards organization in hockey in the last few years or so.

There are contenders, and then there are real contenders.

I've heard several hockey analysts (including John Davidson and Al Strachan) say that the Isles have the most backwards organization in hockey in the last few years or so.

There are contenders, and then there are real contenders.

Considering they made the playoffs for the first time in around 25 to 30 years in 2003, I'd say they've done significantly better than they have in the past. The fact that they're the most backwards organization I already said -- I stated that it's amazing they're still contenders while having horrible management.

Ed Belfour to the Panthers. Interesting

There's a lot less pressure in Florida than in Toronto, just like Paul Henderson going to Birmingham after the 1972 Summit Series. Additionally, Belfour may do better sharing duties with Alex Auld.