Help! This is weirding me out!

It's all math...

Whatever number you pick, after you do the subtraction, your number WILL BE a multiple of 9. On the screen with the symbols, check all the multiples of 9. They're all the same symbol.

Yeah, figured it out immediately.

I remember there was one like this were you were presented a set of symbols, you had to think of one, and then the thing would guess which one you chose. It scared me because it worked most of times.

There was an explanation for it, I forgotten it. I would like to know, lol

OK, here's the math:

The first number you pick can be represented at 10a + b where a is the first digit and b is the second, e.g. 34 is like saying 10x3 + 4

Next step is to add the 2 digits and take that away from the first:

(10a + b) - (a + b)

Simplify:

= 10a + b - a - b

= 9a

So the number you end up with with always be 9 times the first digit of the number you pick

e.g. 34 -> 34 - 7 -> 27 == 3 * 9

or 76 -> 76 - 13 -> 63 == 7 * 9

Then as said above, the table has the same symbol for every multiple of 9, but each time you play, the symbol on these multiples of 9 is picked at random to stop it always being the same symbol and therefore make it appear to be 'magic'.

What I found hugely amusing are the people who say it did not work for them! It's not magic, just maths! Everyone else who did the math correctly and saw how it worked, must have really had a good laugh at the crew members who thought that they fooled the system or perhaps discovered a new branch of mathematics! :laugh: :laugh:

This is annoying how people are saying that it was wrong. IT CANNOT BE WRONG. Your the one doing it incorrectly. Had to get that off my chest :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's all math...

Whatever number you pick, after you do the subtraction, your number WILL BE a multiple of 9. On the screen with the symbols, check all the multiples of 9. They're all the same symbol.

mr smart ass is here^^ :)