School shooting linked to sniper

Seing as this is less than 50 miles from me and my cousin (12) goes to this school, and i have not seen this brought up before... i wanted to bring this sick display of violence to your attention.

-----------

BOWIE, Maryland (CNN) -- Police Monday linked the shooting of a 13-year-old boy gunned down outside a middle school in Prince George's County to sniper attacks in the Washington area last week that left six people dead and another wounded.

"The projectile is identical to those that have been recovered from other scenes," said Joe Riehl, a special agent for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Prince George's Police Chief Gerald Wilson refused to discuss the sniper's possible motive.

"What I want is him," Wilson said.

The boy was taken to a nearby hospital by his aunt, a nurse, who had just dropped him off at school. From there he was airlifted to Children's National Medical Center in Washington, where he underwent surgery for a single gunshot that entered his abdomen.

He was described in critical but stable condition, on a ventilator. Doctors removed his spleen and parts of his stomach and pancreas.

"We're happy with how he is doing at this point, but we can't anticipate how that might evolve over the next several hours," said Dr. Martin Eichelberger, the boy's surgeon.

Eichelberger said a bullet broke into fragments and that doctors recovered a "significant portion," which should help to determine any connection with last week's attacks.

Five people were shot and killed in Montgomery County during a 16-hour period from Wednesday night into Thursday morning. A sixth victim was shot dead Thursday night on a Washington street. A seventh person was wounded Friday in Virginia.

Each of the victims was shot once and police said the victims appeared to have been picked at random.

The boy was on school property at the time of the shooting. Bowie police Cpl. Robert Clark said children were still in the school, but parents such as Kevin Walters were allowed to take their children home.

Walters said he was getting coffee at a nearby store when news of the shooting broke.

"As soon as I heard it, I thought, 'Oh my God, it's happening here, closer to home,' " he said. When he heard shooting occurred at his daughter's school, he said, "I just kind of ran out of the store."

View entire story

Yea I heard about this. Im surprised police cant catch him or someone didnt see the man with the gun that shot the kid. What a sick guy. I cant stand people that go after kids.. so horrible.

The thought of having a sniper around your area is uneasy, who knows, you could be his/her next victim any second. Definately unnerving, it's like having a Serial Killer out in the loose.

I need to rant about this, so bear with me.... lol

-----------------------------------------------

This guy/girl isn't following any real known pattern and it's got everyone stumped. The other odd thing, they didn't snipe anyone on the weekend and the killings (through the weekdays) are random and in different areas of this stretch of MD/VA. I wonder if it's like a door-to-door salesman or something. You know like the Post Office shootings? Like some stressed salesman sniping people on his "route" so to speak but doesn't on the weekends cause he's not working. I thought of this cause I used to work for a place with sales people who had like a 150 mile radius they drove to get customers (door-to-door) and no one ever checked up on them and it took them from Ohio to Indiana. I mean, it's a horrible thing to think, but if one of them started a shooting spree like this person, but here... who would susspect them, it would seem random and in a weird sorta radius, but they only work M-F 8 am to 5 pm... so weekends there would be no shootings cause they were "off". And if you notice... none of the shootings were really early or late... just like a 9 to 5 job. I mean, I want this person caught, my fiancee (Triliaeris... also a Neowinian) lives in VA and I want her okay. So does anyone have any ideas of what sorta person would do it? I mean, besides a sick person. The other thing that jumped in my mind... maybe it's terrorism... I mean, think about it... it would make you wanna stay in your house and be afraid more than what they did to the WTC... ya know? If they had snipers in 5 areas of the country that just moved around, no one would want to leave their house and we truly would be in terror, like they wanted. Just a thought... I've been watching it everyday and it's just sad and sickening and I want whoever it is to be caught... I fear it'll just stop all of a sudden and they'll never catch him/her and no one will know when or where they'll strike next. I'm in OH and it worries me. :(

-----------------------------------------------

Okay, I feel a little better. I need to go to bed... I hafta be in to work early tomorrow... Thanx for listening... lol

the sports junkies brought up a good point last night... its not that he didnt do anything over the weekend but what if he did infact shoot but he missed? somethin like dat....