Microsoft launching a Vista TFT monitor

The key is this will be higher resolution relating to DPI. Im not sure how it all works, but right now all screens are 96DPI. These new screens will be higher from my understanding.

i could see this happening, or else microsoft would of shrugged it off and said it's not true.

And the monitor would last till the 1st vista SP. :blink:

And then you will need to brought a new one because will become obsolete. The perfect/ideal business! forever!

I have noticed that major company,like HP just rebrands montiors and i think Dell does the same

That has been happening all along. The only manufacturers that build their own LCD's using only parts produced by themselves are LG and Samsung. Every other manufacturer buys the LCD glass used for LCD's from either Samsung, LG, or generic companies, which ever is cheaper on the market that specific day.

Bah I hate wide monitors, smaller than the normal ones and they look a lot worse. I'm happy with my 20" (the highest non-wide that's available).

20" - someone better call Iiyama and let them know... my 22" looks "normal" and not wide. You crazed lunatic! :D

Why are people acting like HDCP support is bad for your display monitors? Please people don't avoid monitors just because they support HDCP or what you call DRM, you are not doing anything to fight DRM and the only one who loses is you because you can only watch many HD-DVD/Blu-Ray discs at half the resolution.

Why are people acting like HDCP support is bad for your display monitors? Please people don't avoid monitors just because they support HDCP or what you call DRM, you are not doing anything to fight DRM and the only one who loses is you because you can only watch many HD-DVD/Blu-Ray discs at half the resolution.

None of the currently released movies use the resolution downsampling feature. This would also go for PCs, the PC will only require HDCP on the monitor when the movie you want to play does. So these current movies will never have to be cut down in quality for display, the studios say it'll be 2008 before they think about enfocing it, if they ever do.

In other words Vista isn't just looking at all movies and going 'If HiDef then cut resolution 60%'

iMacs running Windows Vista should be one big bundles of love then. :laugh:

I wonder if the screen is going to be prized reasonably.

If this is gonna be a vista monenter. I bet the power button will be spchialy design with a glowing round button with the windows flag in it.... and might even be black since vista has black has part of the main theme. but then again sliver is nice too....

Where is the Microsoft-PC? Make a computer based on PowerPC tricore like Xbox 360 is not a bad idea!

yea. Look at apple, they make pcs. and also an OS, software, ipods, etc.

so microsoft can Break away from "the worlds largest software gient" to the worlds largest "PC and entertament compney."

I agree.

I actually heard BlueRay wont be doing content inforcing until 2010 but so thats plenty of time if that claims true (although I wouldnt count on sony keeping to that schedule)

It never ceases to amaze me how many "educated" people here say they hate DRM yet are gonna scoop this monitor up as soon as its available. Sad.

Bah I hate wide monitors, smaller than the normal ones and they look a lot worse. I'm happy with my 20" (the highest non-wide that's available).

aah good to see there are others with similar taste. for 20" id take the normal 1600*1200 over widescreens 1680*1050 anytime. Bigger widescreens are quite good though.

Ahhhhhhhhhh now that I just bought my Gateway 21.1 Widescreen LCD MS does this! I wonder what will be so special about it.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I hope/expect the monitor to have array mics built in as this is something BillG himself has touted quite a bit.

I kinda consider this move (sure to see more + Motorola Bluetooth headset anyone?) like a consumer push akin to 'Agora'. I'm glad to see news items like this getting out into the public...just hope it is true. :) They need to see that Vista will be quite the (positive) change when you buy into the platform as a whole.

they will want to protect copyrighted movie with this monitor but in the other hand, it will cost more compared to other normal monitor. Nobody is going to buy it hehe (Y)