Shift (Neowin Linux) Download!

Could I make a suggestion... for the general user, window managers such as fluxbox/black box etc make things very daunting, and definatly not pretty. IMO if you want to make a successfull neowin distro it needs to be highly themable. KDE could be made to look and operate very neowin-ish, I would really suggest you use KDE.

Just my 0.02

I'm glad to see this is coming along well.

I'll wait for 1.0, i dont like installing beta OSs on my production box (which is all i have).

Hey,

I'll host this bad boy. Should be able to grab it @ 300KBps. :)

In the next few days I shall post some screen shots as well, hopefully if all goes well.

Enjoy,

Will

Hey,

All right, my mirror will be here shortly:

http://shorl.com/dynetrapodrihe

Slow upload tonight. :(

Daily limit of 100 downloads for now! Will depend on how popular this bad boy gets!

Make sure you check crc32 and md5 before you complain about the file being corrupted.

CRC32: AA4877C6

MD5: 399b57eefa29dffa4955edc2137d9acb

Enjoy,

Will

Edited by war

I'm glad to see this is coming along well.

I'll wait for 1.0, i dont like installing beta OSs on my production box (which is all i have).

Thats why I do use QEMU/Vmware to run it for now so I don't have to mess with anything currently installed and don't have to reboot the computer inorder to test it.

We plan to use KDE and Gnome later on, after KDE 4 comes out

Glad to hear it, anything I can do to help let me know :) Ill be following this with interest (Y)

I tested this out in Parallels for Mac, and it booted fine, except for the window manager which was just a console inside X