Neowin Digital Photo Gallery

One from me, as you've probably seen from my posts in this forum, I haven't been doing serious photography for very long as all, having only just aquired my Nikon D50. Anyway, heres a picture I took this morning, manual mode, manual focus, and with the kit 18-55 lens.

And what would serious photography be ? :cool: :shiftyninja:

Good photo by the way. I can never see enough macro shots :D

Did you try to focus on the flower or the butterfly? because the flower appears sharper and hauls the attention away from the bfly and I for one prefer it that way since people usually would focus on the butterfly and not flower :yes:

@ o0moonman0o Nice photos, specially the bench and door ones...

@ monkeyclaw: Some of your pics are really dark, The first one I can barely tell what the picture is.. how about letting a little bit of more light in the lens or was that your intention? The rest are really cool, the grinder and guitar are the best imo

Hmmm, it looks fine on my screen as well as my parents so i dunno, i thought the first one was the brightest (besides the grinder). FYI its a shot of my espresso machine, lol.

Another from me, I took this yesterday evening... I thought the background was going to be more blurred due to my apeture being wide open, but i'm still pleased with the results :)

195213038_a7f560e014.jpg

Still using my trusty old Sony Cybershot DSC-P71 but only just started 'experimenting' with it (so be gentle). I only ever used it for taking pictures for fleabay and the like...

tunnel.jpg

Took in colour and edited with Photoplop, just thought it looked more 'moodish' in black and white

angel.jpg

Love the lines on this statue - tempted to go B&W but the sky is so prettyful and blue :blink:

swan.jpg

Nice colours I think, just looks pretty

never done any photography before, but seeing my cat sat there the other day i couldnt help but want to.. so nicking my dads camera (dont ask any questions about it because i don't know) i attempted to photo her. I'm pleased with how its come out but any suggestions would be very helpful, as i said i don't really know what i'm doing bu am willing to learn :)

thanks.

dscf0025yq7.th.jpg

Some really great ones here, half of them look professional lol.. Not that I know what professional photography looks like :p

I have not really had anything to post, so some personal stuff i did for a mate

img7743ch6.jpg

img7752kd8.jpg

The good ones from that shoot are on my DeviantART page (see signature)

I'm a photography noob, and only use my old rubbish standard digital camera, but I took a few pics at the London Motor Show, here are a couple. Any suggestions on how to improve my general picture taking techniques? I'll post URL as theyre quite big. It was hard to take them as there was usually bars or ropes in the way, and lots of people in the way.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/pre...et/DSCF0454.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/pre...et/DSCF0456.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/pre...et/DSCF0447.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/pre...et/DSCF0410.jpg

Auto Shows are really hard to shoot, at least for me. I used my friends D70 last year and my canon S400 the year before that and a lot were blurred or to dark because the lighting is HORRID and the amount of people getting in your wait etc... But looks like some turned out good

Still new to the D-SLR thing I?m screwing around taking pic?s of my notebook I wanted to get an arty type photo of its design with a black background so I took this first one at nighttime in my room with the laptop off the edge of the table and houselights switched on it made for quite a nice black background.

The second one I did during the daytime it was more focused but I did not get the black background effect.

200608040005gp5.th.jpg

200608050014po0.th.jpg