I need buying advise

I really want to start taking pictures for my journal, and for image modding, and need a digital camera. Dad has a $600 expensive one, but thats too much on my budget. I want one that will take high quality photos, (not colored blobs), and costs around $100. That would hook up to the computer via usb, and doesn't require 400MB software to get the photos off.

Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

I think its pretty difficult to get one for $100 (?55-?60), one with decent image quality anyways. But a relatively cheap and has damn god image quality is the Sony Cybershot range, the 3.2 meg which I used to own gave really decent pictures, and i mustve got it for about ?120. The pictures are smaller compared to other higher range cameras, but are good enough for editing. But if you want something that good, youd maybe need to add a bit more to your budget. I have a canon ixus 750 which I got from auction for ?170, a damn good saving, and gives brilliant pictures.

So long as you use a memory card, and a memory card reader (for like 10 dollars) from eBay or Amazon or some **** like that, you don't have to use software, which is what I do.

OK I'll keep those in mind [[thx]].

Budget changed to $150-250 [[for me that is an ouch, but i need a camera]].

What I'll basically be doing is taking picture of people next school year, and at all the major events so I don't forget anything that happens next year. Might also take some images of sunsets to modify, but anything that is way better then a webcam [[which i have now]] will probably do.

OK I'll keep those in mind [[thx]].

Budget changed to $150-250 [[for me that is an ouch, but i need a camera]].

What I'll basically be doing is taking picture of people next school year, and at all the major events so I don't forget anything that happens next year. Might also take some images of sunsets to modify, but anything that is way better then a webcam [[which i have now]] will probably do.

Dude for a low budget, hands down:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/a430.html

Dell has an instant discount of $22 on this, making it around 125

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...cs=19&c=us&l=en

A0620514.jpg