Beckham holds talks with Newcastle United?

Has David Beckham been holding secret talks about a possible move to Newcastle United?

Heard also on the local radio and local newspaper as well!

Newcastle have distanced themselves from reports linking them with a bid for Real Madrid and England star David Beckham.

The transfer rumour mill cranked into gear on Friday morning when Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd was photographed emerging from a London hotel at the same time as Beckham's wife Victoria.

The report stated that Beckham was ushered out of a separate exit, after holding talks with Shepherd.

The news has filtered through the corridors of St James' Park and The Magpies have played it with a typically dead bat.

"Newcastle United never comments on transfer speculation," read the statement on the club's website.

"The club has always enjoyed a close relationship with Real Madrid and would never do anything to spoil that relationship."

Newcastle signed Michael Owen from Real last summer, having sold Jonathan Woodgate to the same club in 2004, and the lines of communication between the two sides are certainly strong.

Beckham's future at Real is up in the air, following the appointment of Ramon Calderon as the club's new president, but he is still one of the most high profile players on the planet and the Spanish giants would be reluctant sellers.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=40...n+Becks+rumours

You wish!

1) You could not afford him,

2) Why would he go to Newcastle?

3) Why would Madrid sell him when they generate so much money off him in terms of marketing value?

I dont think he'll go to Newcastle.. but with Capello coming in as new Madrid coach, he'll be smart enough not to play Beckham

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul6k.html

quote from capello

""We need athletes in the team. The fans can't stand players who don't run on the pitch. They must understand that you can't win games just because you wear the white shirt of Real Madrid."

Well i think beckham is a player that can't do what he use to do when he was younger. For me he must accept the fact no matter what if he wants to play football he has to accept a lower wage.

His main reason will probley be "They can't afford me" If madrid get rid of him i'd think he'd like to go back to england, Lets face it, his family aren't the best at the spainish life style.

I think he should go to newcastle.

Is Newcastle United like Manchester United? O_O

To a geordie that's a big insult, to a dirty rotten glory seeking ManU fan it's a compliment

(to anyone who thinks this is an insult, it isn't. Just football talk :D )

They just differ a little, little bit. ;)

J.

They sure are different clubs but one NO MORE famous than the other in Great Britain! Worldwide Manchester United are perhaps the most famous Football Club of all!

Newcastle United:

CLUB HONOURS:

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

1904-05, 1906-07, 1908-09, 1926-27

CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD WINNERS

F.A. CUP WINNERS

1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955

Mancherster United:

CLUB HONOURS:

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

1907-08, 1910-11, 1951-52, 1955-56, 1956-57, 1964-65, 1966-67, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03

1908, 1911, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1965, 1967, 1977, 1983, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

F.A. CUP WINNERS

1909, 1948, 1963, 1977, 1983, 1985, 1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS

1992, 2006

You will notice that at one stage it took ManU 25 years to win a league title (1966-67, 1992-93) Even great teams go thru bad patches! Hope this helps Bawx! :)

So this Newcastle team sucks, and ManU is the the Yankees of football?

Not really, but they have been perennial underachievers to say the least! They have not done to badly in terms of league position but success is always measured by ending on top! It would be a bit of a stretch to say that they suck! :) Newcastle United that is! ManU pretty much I would say yes they would be like the Yankees!

Not really, but they have been perennial underachievers to say the least! They have not done to badly in terms of league position but success is always measured by ending on top! It would be a bit of a stretch to say that they suck! :) Newcastle United that is! ManU pretty much I would say yes they would be like the Yankees!

Perennial underachievers we are. I like to think we are sleeping giants! Hopefully this year wil be different :blink: but I wouldnt like to bet on it!! :whistle:

We may not win anything in the league but the Fans and supporters are top of the league. There are fans in every part of the world. Check out the film "Goal" its not too real but will give you an insite to what Newcastle Utd are about. We are nice people us Geordies...

Kind Regards

Scoop

Perennial underachievers we are. I like to think we are sleeping giants! Hopefully this year wil be different :blink: but I wouldnt like to bet on it!! :whistle:

We may not win anything in the league but the Fans and supporters are top of the league. There are fans in every part of the world. Check out the film "Goal" its not too real but will give you an insite to what Newcastle Utd are about. We are nice people us Geordies...

Kind Regards

Scoop

For sure Scoop I always support Newcastle (When they are not playing Aston Villa!) but my team is Aston Villa, also a sleeping giant in my opinion! Aston Villa were original members of the Football League in 1888, Aston Villa are one of the Premier League's founding clubs. Formed in late 1874, Villa were the team to beat in the league's early years with a series of titles and FA Cup victories.

CLUB HONOURS:

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS:

1893-94, 1895-96, 1896-97,1898-99, 1899-00, 1909-10, 1980-81

F.A. CUP WINNERS

1887, 1895, 1897, 1905, 1913, 1920, 1957

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS

1961, 1975, 1977, 1994, 1996

And perhaps our greatest triumph - the European Cup in 1982. :D

They sure are different clubs but one NO MORE famous than the other in Great Britain! Worldwide Manchester United are perhaps the most famous Football Club of all!

I think you have a cold, you clearly didn't smell the sarcasm in my post. ;)

Personal view: Man U is "better" though I enjoyed watchnig Newcastle more because they weren't that competitive.

J.

I think you have a cold, you clearly didn't smell the sarcasm in my post. ;)

Personal view: Man U is "better" though I enjoyed watchnig Newcastle more because they weren't that competitive.

J.

I did actually, the info was really more for Bawx!

hey can some european give us americans the scoop on soccer? some of us want to get into it but we have no idea where to start looking, thx

hey can some european give us americans the scoop on soccer? some of us want to get into it but we have no idea where to start looking, thx

Go here and you will find lots of info on the Premier League in England.

Italian Serie A Football here

Here is a global site that will take you any place in the world of football! Hope this helps! :)

Edited by toejam

Pah! Liverpool have more honours than Manure, and more supporters...

Honours

Sleeping giants? More like a giant in a coma :p

To a geordie that's a big insult, to a dirty rotten glory seeking ManU fan it's a compliment

(to anyone who thinks this is an insult, it isn't. Just football talk :D )

No incorrect asking if Sunderland is like Newcastle United is a bigger insult, as also asking if Middlesboro are the same also.

Beckham could goto Newcastle as the shirt sales and merchandise money would pay for a 3 year contract and any transfer fees.

No incorrect asking if Sunderland is like Newcastle United is a bigger insult, as also asking if Middlesboro are the same also.

Beckham could goto Newcastle as the shirt sales and merchandise money would pay for a 3 year contract and any transfer fees.

Well Middlesborough have won more trophies than Newcastle in recent years! Your second point is very true, which is exactly why Real would not sell him.

why leave Madrid for Newcastle? and especially why leave Madrid when they are about to enter a new revolution with their new president. they may even do what Barcelona did when Juan La Porta came

Every club is a sleeping Giant, it just needs the correct investment and staff to make it possible, The only reason why clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool have done great over the years is because they don't tend to f' about with staff and players.

Newcastle went tru bit of a bad spot when THAT person not long ago was in charge, the only smart deal he did was getting rid of Robert on loan to pompey and then said we don't want him back LOL