Windows Live Messenger Beta Gift?

i'll put my macbook in it.

although it does look like the msn icon was photoshoped

HAHAHA nice one Amnesia :p

And about the photoshop: I kinda was seeing how you would see that too. My question though would be "Why go through that trouble to photoshop a Laptop Bag.

Well we'll know soon enough won't we.

Its not photoshopped. Look at the right of the bag. Firstly you can see there is a windows live messenger tab where the creases around it are too perfect and then it looks like there is a tag attatched to the bag that probably says thanks for being a part of the beta etc etc.

If you were invited into the beta program by Microsoft (not invited by friends, and had access to the beta program page on Connect) then you should get one.

They sent that e-mail telling us to confirm our address a couple of months ago didn't they? Sometime in late May or early June I thought.

I don't see why they would give us a laptop bag, if its just a bag in general then ok, but who says all of us will have a laptop? lol

I guess time will tell, either way I'm happy with whatever it is.

I don't personally care what I get. I just wanted something that could always remind me that I was included in the beta and I helped them out.

This will be perfect cause I have great use for a laptop bag in my day to day activities. I was only expecting a Thank You email or something but this surpasses everything I asked for.

They sent that e-mail telling us to confirm our address a couple of months ago didn't they? Sometime in late May or early June I thought.

You're correct... My email is dated 09/05/2006, and the part asking us to update our addresses reads as such:

Update Your Shipping Address ASAP

Although we can't give out specific dates, the end of the Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Managed Beta is in sight and we would like to thank all of our managed beta testers by sending you a special gift. To do this we need to make sure we have your correct shipping address. To do this,

1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com and sign in with your Connect account

2. At the bottom of the page click on the link that says "Manage Your Connect Profile"

3. Click on the link that says "Shipping Address"

4. Fill in or update your shipping address. If it is the same as your home address check the box that says "Use Home Address"

5. Click the "Update" button.

I don't have a laptop to put in the bag :( - ah well, I guess I'll have to buy one now :shifty:

Jokes aside, I'll probably end up using it for school binders and textbooks, doubt it's big enough though.

Hmm I just logged into Connect today and saw that shipping address was empty. I updated it by checking "same as home address" when I received that e-mail, but it looks like it didn't save or something. My address was however in the home address section, so I hope I will get it. I was a managed tester.

They should include a d@mn laptop inside the bag...

I agree w/you, put a laptop in the bag, that would explain why it is taking so long to send these gifts out. :laugh:

BTW-got my email informing me to update my address too :D it was in June.