Windows Live Messenger Beta Gift?

I WOULD LOVE ONE OF THIS!

WHAT'S TAKING THEM SO LONG TO SHIP OUR GIFTS?

FIRSTLY DONT USE CAPS LOCK

secondly calm down you should not expect to receive a

gift when the program ships. If that is the only reason you

tested, then it is the wrong reason. You test to make the game we love

better and help insure Microsoft rolls out the best possible product. Every

beta team is allocated a budget and they must live within that budget. Just

because they are under the Microsoft umbrella does not mean they can just

ask and receive more money.

Mmkay, I now claim that the bag's a fake. It's been over 2 weeks since that picture's been posted. How can only 1 person have the bag while no one still has it?

I'm hoping for a new web cam. =]

Mmkay, I now claim that the bag's a fake. It's been over 2 weeks since that picture's been posted. How can only 1 person have the bag while no one still has it?

I'm hoping for a new web cam. =]

Yeah. Kinda disapointing :(

Yeah. Kinda disapointing :(

Not really. I wasn't really looking that forward to a messenger bag. Since I rarely take my laptop around with me, and I wouldn't use something like that for school, I'd have no use for it. Then again, I'd be slightly disappointed if it we got something worse instead.

Although, you still have to remember, we're volunteers. Lets not expect too much from them. =\

I was invited by Microsoft to Participate in WLM Beta's and i havnt got nothing. Not bothered really as i'm in BETA testing just to help developers and gain some info aswell on the Product :)

I haven't gotten anything yet and I haven't received an e-mail about it since they said to update our shipping addresses. Here is what it says at the connect website in the Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Beta section:

Last Chance To Update Your Address

We plan on giving all of the Managed beta testers a special gift as a way of saying "thank you" for all of the great participation. Everyone who has an address listed as part of their Connect profile has been sent to the shipping company. Anyone who did not have an address listed was not sent to shipping company and will not receive the gift. We will send a follow up list of everyone who gets their address added by Friday, 16-Jun 2006, 2:00pm (PST).

I'm pretty sure I was invited by Microsoft and got an email asking to update the shipping address n stuffs..

However I also got an email to get the "special' display picture and winks.. so am I actually in the official beta test or not? :(

I was kinda disappointed since I thought it's the only presents that we'll get hehe but again, think of it as a bonus as we beta tested without expecting presents in the first place anyway.

If only they send emails / have a list as to who get the bags ^^

Do keep in mind the LifeCams aren't out till sometime in August.. there's still 4 weeks left in this month :)

If that is the igft they won't come till they're out to everyone.

I doubt its the bag, but who knows. Photoshop is such a fun tool isn't it? :p

I GOT IT

ITS A DIGITAL WEATHER STATION

and a microsoft long sleeve blue shirt and a microsoft pen

lose the caps dude :angry:

now can you prove what you say? :rofl:

I GOT IT

ITS A DIGITAL WEATHER STATION

and a microsoft long sleeve blue shirt and a microsoft pen

Please post a picture, no one else from Neowin has mentioned they got it, nor any of the official testers I've talked to, or myself :( Until the picture, its another rumour ;)

LOL, Like i care if you dont believe me, I'll just sit here and enjoy my new weather station. Noobs!

I dont think you know what noobs means because none of us that replied to your post are noobs,look at the join dates,infact you are more of a noob than anyone that replied to your post :laugh: :D :p

LOL, Like i care if you dont believe me, I'll just sit here and enjoy my new weather station. Noobs!

I call BS. Out of all the testers, why would you be the only one that has the gift :blink:. It just doesn't make sense. Once someone has proof that they received the gift or I receive it myself, then I'll believe it.

If this were true it would have already been on a few sites by now with pictures and everything.

I'd say you're flat out making this all up because you're an immature kid or you might have heard what they'll send out. If they even send out any gifts.

But I'm going to stick to my theory that you're just lying and you think doing this makes you "1337"

Edited by NightmarE D