Windows Live Messenger Beta Gift?

I don't see why they would give us a laptop bag, if its just a bag in general then ok, but who says all of us will have a laptop? lol

I guess time will tell, either way I'm happy with whatever it is.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not everyone HAS a laptop. A general bag would have made more sence. :huh:

They should include a d@mn laptop inside the bag...

I agree! :yes:

Awww i wanted a webcam :(

I wanted a webcam,live phone & the kung fu pack,still we dont always get what we want :no:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not everyone HAS a laptop. A general bag would have made more sence. :huh:

A backpack or something would be better because not everyone has laptops

no laptop here, dont have a use for one,,, but at least i'll have a bag to put my imaginary useless laptop in

Well a laptop bag is a lot better than a wink or something stupid like that. I can at least use it for something. Can't complain I guess! :D

I can't really complain either, but there were more managed testers in the MSN 7/7.5 team than this one, and they got a webcam.

Oh well.

7 got webcams, which was great. I have to say i'm a bit dissapointed if bags is all we get, but the fact is that we who tested it got to play with new software we all like and use well before anyone else did, and chances are the majority of us didn't report that many bugs (how many of you even completed the test scenarios? :p ). Be thankfull that you got to test the software, and that you're in microsofts books for future beta tests.

7 got webcams, which was great. I have to say i'm a bit dissapointed if bags is all we get, but the fact is that we who tested it got to play with new software we all like and use well before anyone else did, and chances are the majority of us didn't report that many bugs (how many of you even completed the test scenarios? :p ). Be thankfull that you got to test the software, and that you're in microsofts books for future beta tests.

yup :yes:

Damn. Didn't get it today either. Oh well, I already have a laptop bag, but still, this is some way to treat the Minister of Propaganda.

I sure as hell did, and I'm pretty sure everyone who actually cared about the software did aswell. It's people like you who only care about the prizes at the end and cause a sub-par program to be released as you didn't file in any bugs or vote on anything on connect.

Excuse me? People like me? I was stating that only that the majority of testers don't. It's evident when you read the beta newsgroups that there are very few people posting on them compared to the thousands who brag about their participation on blogs and forums. So don't go accusing people of not putting any input in.

anyone in uk got anything yet?

nope :no:

I reported any bugs,suggestions etc on the newsgroups,I didnt post in there for the start due to moving twice & having limited net access but I still tested the product,did surveys etc.

not everyone goes on the newsgroups but still provide feedback on connect,surveys,webchats etc,there are lots of ways to get involved with betas however I agree some people are in it for a freebie at the end,Luckily I think MS filter those people out for future betas &/or a new beta release of the same product.

They sent that e-mail telling us to confirm our address a couple of months ago didn't they? Sometime in late May or early June I thought.

Yes they did...I guess now we wait...

oh and still waiting heh...

Edited by NeoXY

People in UK..will not recieve anything...MS sold them..so they could 'support' the UK people with the fines.

I dont really understand what you typed,have you got a source saying the UK testers wont get anything?,if so it seems odd I was asked to make sure all my contact info was upto date so they could send me my gift for testing.

I dont really understand what you typed,have you got a source saying the UK testers wont get anything?,if so it seems odd I was asked to make sure all my contact info was upto date so they could send me my gift for testing.

:rofl: Well aside from his apparent obsession for ellipses, I think it was fairly obvious that he was joking about MS selling the gifts to pay for the EU fines.

Edited by Betaz