Italian trio relegated to Serie B

VIVE LA FRANCE !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Italy = Mafia :whistle:

I am sure , the explusion of Zidane was perfectly wanted, Italy perfectly intended to provoke him before the end of the match, to destabilize France. For France without Vieira & Zidane it's very difficult to shoot penalties at 100%.

Italy don't have the Maestro.

You really have the intelligence of a paramecium.

And worst... you are a sore loser.

:)

Punishments cut for Italian clubs

Lazio and Fiorentina have been reinstated to Serie A after appealing against their match-fixing punishments.

Fiorentina had been demoted to Serie B with a 12-point deduction. Lazio were relegated with a seven-point penalty.

Now both will play in the top division, but with a 19-point deduction for Fiorentina and 11 points for Lazio.

Juventus still have to play in Serie B, but on minus 17 points not minus 30. AC Milan stay in Serie A with their penalty cut from 15 points to eight.

The original punishments were handed out to the disgraced clubs by a Rome tribunal just five days after Italy won the World Cup.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) heard the appeals against those punishments on Tuesday.

All four clubs implicated have denied the accusations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5215178.stm

I'll never take this league seriously again. If/when Milan win the league it will highlight just how pointless this whole match fixing scandal was.

Hopefully sponsorship and TV revenue will take a hit because of this ordeal.

I dont understand the point of harshly punishing teams, if they can just appeal and the punishment will be reduced.

its cos they won the Wc lamely they deserved to b punished :p :p :p :p :p

Its ridiculous how they all appealed and got their "sentence" reduced. Like I said before, football is not a sport for cheating and those who decide to cheat, should be punished to the highest degree.

I'll never take this league seriously again. If/when Milan win the league it will highlight just how pointless this whole match fixing scandal was.

Hopefully sponsorship and TV revenue will take a hit because of this ordeal.

"how pointless this whole match fixing scandal was" ?

what exactly did milan have to do with it all? milan was more a victim of juve's system than anything else. in the original verdict they had taken away 44 points from milan from last season, but showed no justification or reason for exactly 44 points to be gone.

the only **** they had was about 1 guy who had requested a certain linesman for 1 game last year.

i watched several games every weekend for the whole season, and rarely felt like milan was being favoured or fixing games at all.

i watched several games every weekend for the whole season, and rarely felt like milan was being favoured or fixing games at all.

I'll take that with a grain of salt, considering your avatar :whistle:

I'll take that with a grain of salt, considering your avatar :whistle:

lol

honestly, i've been watching serie A for long time, and over the past 5 years i watch 3-4 games every weekend. In 2004 when Milan won the league, they were killing teams. they werent getting ****ty wins, and late pk's at all. they were scoring 3-4 goals pretty often

in the past year juve had a great number of controversial games.. on several soccer forums people were always complaining at the way calls were going and late pk's awarded

what about fiorentina and lazio? their top executives had been working on some **** against the regulations of the league, but i really doubt the players on the field ended up getting favoured at all. lazio didnt exactly have a great season, and the players on fiorentina really played well to get the team to 4th place, a spot they clearly deserved

Milan to play in Champions League

AC Milan have been given the go-ahead to take part in this season's Champions League despite being found guilty in the probe into match-fixing in Serie A.

Milan were initially banned from the competition, but were re-instated on appeal and Uefa's emergency panel ratified that decision on Wednesday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5233430.stm

This is almost laughable now.

Sad that some clubs are only now just getting de ducted points.

Really i think they should of stayed in the lower league, set an example for the world and force clubs to put hard work in to matches rather then pay them.

If the team is any good they will bounce back with ease!

Why are Milan allowed to play in the Champions League? I hope they lose in the Qauli-fiers!

Because they're AC Milan and that name scares off the judges :rolleyes:

I agree with Zoom7000, this does seem to be a little lenient, although Juventus will take years to recover from this.

The other teams involved have got off a little lighter, but Juventus will see :-

Their best players leaving (which is happening)

A massive reduction in sponsorship in the short-term

A massive reduction in income - how can you charge Serie A prices for a lower league?

The stigma attached to this will last for years, and I for one would not be surprised to see Juventus get into serious financial trouble. The big stars who remain (and the fringe players) will be on great contracts, which the club will need to honour (unless there is some small print in the players contracts).

A very serious situation, but unfortunately fully deserved.

Chit Chat