apple or creative?

:huh: Creative was not compared? Yes, it was.

And we're not talking about the iPod Photo, we're talking about the latest generation. If you look at those results, you'll see that the only thing it is behind Creative in is the SNR, and by only 0.8.

if you compare two different speakers,one from the dollar store others from best buy that were say, 300$. the sound quality will be noticeable.

Uhh... right :wacko: You think?

my zen aruvanas were 100$ i used em on both players. jeez dude read the pots before u say somethin like that kinda what pizels tld me to do. read his posts and u wont have to ask so much questions.

oh and the most expensive headphones are above 500$

what do ya mean evrypost invloves creative. theres a difference between fan and fond of. im fond of there products.

The Zen Aurvanas are decent headphones to what I know of. But the most expensive headphones are above $10000, and generally I spend lower than $1000 on earbuds...

CNET Reviews... never trust them. Well, first of all, a synthetic way of measuring sound quality, pretty much subjective (To an extent, but not entirely, because differences are noticeable). It's almost like using a subjective approach to reviewing a CPU. Sure, CPUs are subjective to an extent (But not entirely, because differences are noticeable but may be not apparent unless through a benchmark) therefore tested using non-subjective ways. As for CNET, well, as a reviewer myself, it's those biased sites like CNET and half of those BLAHBLAHIAMAREVIEWSITE kind of places that really disgrace the whole industry. They go around and they give RECOMMENDED!!! and APPROVED!!! and EDITORS CHOICE!!! to every product they come across because they want the thing for free. Take a look at those mousepad reviews, I swear, 90% of the sites that has a mousepad reviewed will get some sort of award because the writer probably never tried more than the one reviewed itself. (I got more than a dozen mousepads -- only 2 really stands out). Anyway, carried away, I take CNET reviews as a grain of salt.

I know what you're saying, and I usually don't listen to them either, but it's not like they're sitting there and saying "THIS WAS THE CLEAR WINNER!!!" about a certain one. The numbers are clear and it's three areas that definitely do measure sound quality.

Ah well, doesn't matter. I like iPods over Creatives. Apparently that offends some people.

I know what you're saying, and I usually don't listen to them either, but it's not like they're sitting there and saying "THIS WAS THE CLEAR WINNER!!!" about a certain one. The numbers are clear and it's three areas that definitely do measure sound quality.

Ah well, doesn't matter. I like iPods over Creatives. Apparently that offends some people.

ok dude well from what sooo many ppeople say that the ipod nano is of the worst sounding players. also there ya go. using external device to pump up the quality. the ipod itself doesnt have the quality. the creative players actaully do. they sound good with most pair of speakers or headphones with the eq off. imagine how good it must be when connected to an external device. :D also iriver is a reallly good sounding player from what i hear. how can it be ranked low? also arent the most expensive headphones like 14k? senheissers or something?

also this isnt am english class. so if ya cant read my typing then well i simply do not care. im a lazy typer when it it comes to message boards and chat. :cool: so i dont care. oh and i can type proper english. i just.. choose not to. becuase im lazy :D

Seriously, give up. Every single point you try to make has absolutely no backing whatsoever.

At least dr. azo can give some valid points.

I'm done with this thread. Seriously this time.

In my opinion Creative is a better player, but the look's of the iPod is more superior. The sound of the creative is better than the iPod, well in my ears they are. I have listened to them both and I was more happier with the Creative because of the sound. I'm not one of them that just goes for look's but I want higher quality players. Also, I heard the battery life for Zen Vision:M is better than iPod. That true?

Don't worry...he'll come over to the Apple side when his player screws up a couple times and has to continually "rebuild the library". iPod ftw! (this is intentional flame-bait...take it with a grain of salt)

Sure you might get alittle better sound through the headphone jack or a line out with creative but with the iPod there are hundreds of devices you can connect to via the dock connector. I rather have a car with ipod support than trying to rig up a creative player through some other inferior method.

Don't worry...he'll come over to the Apple side when his player screws up a couple times and has to continually "rebuild the library". iPod ftw! (this is intentional flame-bait...take it with a grain of salt)

w do u mean when my player screws up? ipods have a 13% failure rate.

Alright, since this topic has a lot of knowledgeable (ok, some) people in it, I have a question.

I currently borrow my wife's iPod. It's a 3G series. I like to listen to audiobooks. The nice thing about the iPod is that I can hit the pause button to pause the story, then hit and hold the pause button to shut the device down. When I restart (pressing play), I pick up right where the story left off. Pretty handy for a drive to work and back.

Now, I know that a lot of the mp3 players out there support audiobooks and such, but they use a book marking feature. That's just a couple of extra steps I don't want to go through.

So, the question is - Are the iPods the only players that do this? Does the Creative Zen series allow this? From what I can tell, they are both great devices.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would really appreciate it.