AutoPatcher XP July 2006

@vearn27, its a bug that'll be fixed in the august release. for now you have three options

1) temporarily fix it yourself by opening the modules amc file in the modules editor and removing the '/overwriteoem' switch from the installation instructions

2) install it manually with the installer included in autopatcher

3) install via windows update

I've been having problems connecting in the Windows XP Update site for about a year now -- bad, I know, but it will not download the ActiveX control even when I select it and etc... anyhow, that's not my question. :)

Since I haven't updated in so long would it be safe to use Autopatcher April, June and July in order?

I don't understand why other languages get a full version while english only get's an update? Did I miss something?

You may download AutoPatcher XP from any of the following mirrors:

[*]uk-flag.gif EnglishTorrents provided by ineedhosting.net: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by LittlBuger: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by Cachefly.com: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by softpedia: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by devster: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by ManroWeb: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by ik-cs: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by disturb3d: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by greggh: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by iverson0881: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by serverguy: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by jtchange: July 2006 Update

Mirror provided by GrepNork: July 2006 Update

[*]nl-flag.gif DutchTorrents provided by Oddstar: July 2006 Full

Mirror provided by Cachefly.com: July 2006 Full | Update

Mirror provided by LittlBuger: July 2006 Full & Update

I don't understand why other languages get a full version while english only get's an update? Did I miss something?

It's been explained about 50 billion times on this forumm just do a search

@Melly, yes it will be safe to use autopatcher. dont forget the may udate though!

however, its highly likely your system has been compromised during the past year that you havent been protected, you may want to consider a reformat.

Hi! I love Autopatcher, but it seems MS is not getting any better.. I installed the latest July release and after that my Windows XP can't recognise any new USB device I connect.. It happend so with a flash disk and a bluetooth dongle.. Old USB devices that have been connected before are properly working.

A similar thing happens with new virtual drives I try to add. They can be seen in the device manager but no drive letter is assigned to them, therefore they can't be used.. It happened so with DeamonTools and Alcohol120%. The same thing will probably happen if I try to install a new cd-dvd drive but I haven't tested that. Again, the drives that are already installed work properly..

Has anybody noticed something like that? Any suspicions for the responsible hotfix? Unless it's something other than that, but I don't think so..

And another question I'd like to ask.. I use nLite to create an installation cd before each format. How can I integrate the hofixes that are included in an Autopatcher executable? Can I choose which ones will be integrated? Haven't tried it yet, just wanted to know if it's possible..

Thank you!

@SneakerPimps, yes thats correct.

you can follow the instructions in ap_packing.rtf found in the translations thread to repack them into one installer if you want.

next month there will be full & lite release also, either you can get the aug update release or replace all of those with the aug full/lite release if you really have to.

@Kilgore, what do you mean a 'european patcher'. autopatcher.exe runs on any language system, its just up to translators to come up with translated copies for different languages.

@rude, LittlBUGer is one of our most regular mirrors, the reason its been listed is because i actually uploaded there initially and the rest copied from it. the reason why there not listed yet is because he was waiting for other mirrors to copy first before we went live. he'll make the copies on his mirror live as soon as he can.

ok I got It but will you please tell me how can i download AutoPatcher 5.1 software give me it's url or ftp link thx

Spider_Batman

It's been explained about 50 billion times on this forumm just do a search

The effort it took to create that post and the effort took for me to search at least 5 times through this forum, and read whole threads only to not find anything, is easily 10x the effort it would've taken you to just tell me. Nice one.

(I still don't know. Thanks again, helpful person.)

The effort it took to create that post and the effort took for me to search at least 5 times through this forum, and read whole threads only to not find anything, is easily 10x the effort it would've taken you to just tell me. Nice one.

(I still don't know. Thanks again, helpful person.)

You're obviously not very good at searching.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=587664276

Seriously, If we got money every time that questions was asked, we'd be rich by now.

@vearn27, its a bug that'll be fixed in the august release. for now you have three options

1) temporarily fix it yourself by opening the modules amc file in the modules editor and removing the '/overwriteoem' switch from the installation instructions

2) install it manually with the installer included in autopatcher

3) install via windows update

Oh, I got it now. Thanks for your explaination input :D . Well, might as well I'll just wait for the August release ;)

Keep up the good job. Really appreciate you guys work a lot :yes:

Hey, can you guys add RemoveWGA under the Windows Genuine Authentication parent Module? I think this would be great for people who inadvertently installed it with the stupid windows update that keeps bugging you about it :crazy: . You could just make it run with a high priority number so it would run as the very last *.amc script so it doesn't stop any of the other updates. I'm suggesting this because I don't know if there is any silent command line options for this tool :huh: .

Argh!! God dammit I so hate those additional updates that come out this year (I do about 20 installations each week). I sooo beg for a full August release pretty please T.T

It's not that big of a deal, but I do prefer one file over 4. No way I don't appreciate what you're doing. Don't get me wrong. But Full releases for me are best.

Hello guys

Thx for the effors to make such a nice package as AutoPatcher

But I have a bloody problem :angry:

I am running XP SP2 ( Dutch )

I downloaded the NLD_FULL version but when I run the program I receive errors

Module Panic on Update for Windows XP (KB887742)!

You are running Windows XP Pro SP2 (Locale 1043) + IE6

This release is not suitable for your systme.

35602 : Key is not unique in collection

What's wrong ?

Or is the FULL package not complete ?

*EDIT*

I noticed that the KB887742 is 2 times in the Autopatcher folder

C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\modules\NonCritical & C:\Program Files\AutoPatcher\modules\Critical

Is the patch critical or non critical ????

*EDIT 2*

Removed ALL previous versions of autopatcher

Installed the new FULL update & started the program => no more errors

*problem solved* :whistle:

Thx guys for the nice package make, spares me download time & limits

Edited by DaRkMaN_FX

Wow, I guess talking just talking to us helped... :p

I like u, u don't just ask and wait for the answer, u go look for it.

Good work :D

I guess I will be the first one to pop the cherry this month:

When will Autipather XP August full be released? :whistle: (rethoric question)

Good job guys, keep it up.

Hi! I love Autopatcher, but it seems MS is not getting any better.. I installed the latest July release and after that my Windows XP can't recognise any new USB device I connect.. It happend so with a flash disk and a bluetooth dongle.. Old USB devices that have been connected before are properly working.

A similar thing happens with new virtual drives I try to add. They can be seen in the device manager but no drive letter is assigned to them, therefore they can't be used.. It happened so with DeamonTools and Alcohol120%. The same thing will probably happen if I try to install a new cd-dvd drive but I haven't tested that. Again, the drives that are already installed work properly..

Has anybody noticed something like that? Any suspicions for the responsible hotfix? Unless it's something other than that, but I don't think so..

And another question I'd like to ask.. I use nLite to create an installation cd before each format. How can I integrate the hofixes that are included in an Autopatcher executable? Can I choose which ones will be integrated? Haven't tried it yet, just wanted to know if it's possible..

Thank you!

So, no one can help me???

It's not that big of a deal, but I do prefer one file over 4. No way I don't appreciate what you're doing. Don't get me wrong. But Full releases for me are best.

Yeah, but four patch updates is better than 161 Hotfixes, or however many it is now for XP :p

Thank you!

one way i know for sure, if you want all the critical and noncritical patches, go to the folders for them under modules, and do a search for *.exe. will list every patch of that type. then all you have to do is copy them into one folder, and tell nlite to integrate

an alternate approach would be to use runonce.cmd. Basic instructions for this can be found at MSFN unattended Install Guide.

in the actual file, here is the code that i use:

REG ADD %regkey%\001 /VE /D "Autopatcher July 2006" /f
REM Install Autopatcher Program, then May, June, and July Updates
REG ADD %regkey%\001 /V 1 /D "\"%systemdrive%\programs\patch\AutoPatcher_XP_Apr2006_Full.exe\" /S" /f
REG ADD %regkey%\001 /V 2 /D "\"%systemdrive%\programs\patch\AutoPatcher_XP_May06_ENU_Update.exe\" /S" /f
REG ADD %regkey%\001 /V 3 /D "\"%systemdrive%\programs\patch\AutoPatcher_XP_Jun06_ENU_Update.exe\" /S" /f
REG ADD %regkey%\001 /V 4 /D "\"%systemdrive%\programs\patch\AutoPatcher_XP_Jul06_ENU_Update.exe\" /S" /f
REM Run autopatcher silently, and install the list of patches i selected earlier (for help on this, see https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=287829 , under heading saving your selections)
REG ADD %regkey%\001 /V 50 /D "\"%systemdrive%\Program Files\AutoPatcher\AutoPatcher.exe\" /noeula /unattend:t3 /defaults:\"%systemdrive%\Programs\patch\autopatch.ini\"" /f

I prefer the second one personally, as it allows me to do more than just patches. Hope this can be of help to you.

McG