Serial Sniper

I'm trying to make this nice and professional so people through the world who visit neowin can come and see what is happening. I realiase their are multipile threads but no one is clearly explaining the situation so I thought I would.

This is affecting many people,

Scaring us from filling up with gas.. going to Michaels.. mowing our lawns.. sitting on a bench in a park..

First Death

James D. Martin

James D. Martin, a program analyst at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, was standing in the parking lot of a Wheaton, Maryland, grocery store on October 2, when he was killed. He was there to buy groceries for his church.

The 55-year-old was an amateur genealogist and a Civil War buff. He is survived by his wife and the 11-year-old son he doted over.

Second Death

James Buchanan

James "Sonny" Buchanan was known as a man with a big heart who was always ready to help others.

The 39-year-old son of a retired Montgomery County police officer was an active volunteer at the local Boys and Girls Club. He was an amateur poet and taught children how to garden.

"Sonny was the dad to literally 400 kids. He came to the club two or three times a week, helped with homework, etcetera," said Gregory Wims, a friend and fellow volunteer at the club.

Buchanan used run a landscaping company but had gotten out of the business. He was mowing the lawn of a former customer's car dealership near Rockville, Maryland, early on October 3, when he was shot in the chest and killed.

Third Death

Prem Kumar Walekar

About a half-hour later, Prem Kumar Walekar, 54, was shot and killed while filling his car with gas. It was his 25th wedding anniversary.

"I just want everybody to know that my dad was, he was the greatest person I ever met, you know, I ever knew," said Walekar's son Andrew. "I'm glad he was my father."

Ordinarily, the part-time taxi driver would not have been at the gas station at that time of day, but he was trying to finish his runs early so he could enjoy the warm, afternoon weather.

Walekar was born in India and had hoped to retire there.

Fourth Death

Sarah Ramos

Sarah Ramos also died that morning. Ramos, 34, was sitting on a bench reading outside a shopping center when she was shot in the head and killed.

She was an immigrant from El Salvador, who was a member of several church groups and babysat for a number of children and worked as a housekeeper.

"The thing that impressed me about Sara, when she walked into the room, not just a person walked in the room but something walked in the room with her," said Larry Gaffigan, her employer. "Something that just warmed the house and your soul."

Ramos was married and had a 7-year-old son.

Fifth Death

Pascal Charlot

Pascal Charlot, 72, who was killed late Thursday night on a Washington street, was the only one of the sniper's victims killed in the nation's capital.

Charlot emigrated to the United States from Haiti and was a retired carpenter. He is survived by his wife.

Sixth Death

Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera was getting ready to vacuum out her van at a Kensington gas station when she, too, was killed that same day.

She grew up in a small town in Idaho and recently moved east with her husband and pre-school-aged daughter. She was 25 years old.

"I mean, she comes and goes, and all of a sudden she gets caught up in this, it's just devastating," said a neighbor, Rosa Malon. "There's no words for it."

Seventh Death

Woman, boy

The next day, a 43-year-old woman was shot and critically injured on October 4 in a Fredericksburg, Virginia, parking lot. She was later released from the hospital and was not identified.

The sniper's eighth victim was a 13-year-old boy who was shot in the abdomen after his aunt dropped him off to start the day at a middle school in Maryland's Prince George's County on October 7.

His aunt, a nurse, rushed him to a local hospital. He was airlifted to a Washington hospital where doctors removed his spleen and parts of his stomach and pancreas. As of Wednesday, he was in critical but stable condition and was on a ventilator.

Eight Death

Dean Harold Meyers

The sniper's latest confirmed victim was identified as Dean Harold Meyers, 53, who was fatally shot as he pumped gas Wednesday night at a station in Manassas, Virginia. Meyers was a resident of Gaithersburg, Maryland

Nineth Death - NOT LINKED YET

Investigators cannot confirm that Friday's fatal shooting at a gas station here is linked to the series of sniper attacks in suburban Washington, but police say it "certainly looks similar" to those shootings.

Nineth Death.. My View - A man pumping gas at an Exon gas station was shot and killed by what I believe to be the sniper. Less than 15 miles from my house, all schools in area went into lockdown.

School Lockdowns

Including Brooke Point.. Sitting in a PE locker room for 4 hours is NOT fun! :(

Hours after the fatal shooting Friday, police investigated what was thought to be the sound of gunshots outside Kenilworth Elementary School in Prince George's County, Maryland, but found no evidence that anything was fired.

A spokesman for the Spotsylvania County Public Schools school board in Virginia, said all schools were in lockdown -- meaning outdoor activities are canceled -- and that there are deputies on every campus.

"It's a very difficult thing to believe is going on," said Jerry Hill, Spotsylvania County Public Schools superintendent. "I believe they're as safe in the school with a lockdown, certainly safer than they would be out in the community right now."

Stafford County, just north of Spotsylvania County, and Fauquier County, farther north, also locked down schools.

I live in stafford county.. :(

IMPORTANT

Tip line: 888-324-9800

$350,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people involved in the shootings.

Reward contribution line:

240-777-8970

Suspect vehicle: White Chevrolet Astro-type minivan with a ladder rack on its roof.

With all that said..

I hope this thread has been of information to you..

I welcome your comments and I will update this thread with the latest information (if the mods permit me too..)