Goldeneye 007 comeback?

Well with the Wii on it's way, I'd really like to see Goldeneye 007 like the N64 version come out for the Wii, that would be simply the best game ever, combined with the new wii controller, it would be one hell of a game. I'd love to see it comeback, the way it was on the N64, not the gay **** we had for the PS2/GBC/Xbox, that game was pathetic in comparison.

We need the old characters, and with the old maps!

What do you guys think? :D

I too want a nice remake of my old favorite games, online play, with some AA and AF and high rez textures

Please remake:

Super Smash 64

Mario 64

Mario Kart

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

Diddy kong racing

Zelda OoT

i really dont mean to hijack this thread or seemingly pollute it with anti-wii comments, but am i the only one who doesn't think the wii controller is anything but stupid? the system looks good for what it is (i'm not interested in it as a main console for its lack of HD and stuff like that, but it's a definite possibility for me purchasing sometime after it's released).. but i'm just curious.. but back to topic>>

i'd love to see the remake of it on some console! that's be insane.. i could say in the case of the 360 or wii, that game alone would deserve a purchase of the console as well.. with the ps3's price, they'd have to impress me more than is capable of sony.. but regardless.. that'd be such an awesome game to be remade and reissued!

I might be mistaken, but didn't Goldeneye 007 already have a comeback on the Xbox/PS2? and if I recall it flopped very badly...

Slightly more on topic, I would like to see another Goldeneye 007 on the Wii, but since Microsoft own Rare now it might not happen..but who knows, MS still let them make games for Nintendo handhelds last I heard..

Edited by Xerxes

It wasn't called exactly that though was it?

Ok after abit of research I found out it was called, "GoldenEye: Rogue Agent" it was released on Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 in 2004 and on the Nintendo DS in 2005. It was developed by EA and was often seen as an attempt to recreate GoldenEye: 007 on the N64..so it wasn't a sequel at all (not an official one anyway)...so I was wrong :blush:

Microsoft owns RARE now... and EA owns the james bond franchise.

Partly correct statement. Activision now own the 007 franchise.

pretty much blew the point of this topic in the first few posts :laugh:

I too want a nice remake of my old favorite games, online play, with some AA and AF and high rez textures

Please remake:

Super Smash 64

Mario 64

Mario Kart

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

Diddy kong racing

Zelda OoT

As cool as it would be, i doubt they would remake most of them, most have sequels coming out in the near future, so there wouldn't be much of a point. Maybe for the Wii Nintendo collection thing, I've forgotten its name, so the most we would get is maybe some AA

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye have moved on with Rare.

and the recent Goldeneye game wasn't that good at all either.

Goldeneye 007 DS is a possibility -- Rare seems to be supporting Nintendo's handhelds still; I think it's part of an unofficial relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo.

Why? The games old nowdays and if you want to play it you have two options. First is to play it on the N64 as it was intended or secondly purchase it via the online game service since they plan to offer their back catalogue that way. I see no real reason for a development team to actually remake and resell it, seems a waste when you could get the team making something new and exciting and I'm sure you would have alot of trouble recreating the magic that was Goldeneye.

and IMHO I doubt GE Source will do that well. The appeal of GE multiplayer was definetly the fact your mates were in the room with you and it was a good saturday morning type game. Technically there were alot better multiplayer games simply based on the fact Goldeneyes weapons werent really balanced nor were many of the maps optimised for multiplayer play...many were very campable. Yet it was still fun, mainly because your mates were there and the screen cheating and all that. I doubt you can replicate that with an online game.

If the only advantages for making if for wii would be betetr graphics and the new controll then I see no point really at all for making it and would rather developers made new content. I'm sure the N64 port that should be available will be fine.

Please remake:

Super Smash 64

Mario 64

Mario Kart

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

Diddy kong racing

Zelda OoT

Diddy Kong Racing is coming to Nintendo DS. I'm not quite sure if it is being re-worked graphically, but you can almost be sure to see online play. Oddly enough, Rare hasn't been mentioned to be working on the title. I trust that Nintendo won't change the gameplay too much.

Why? The games old nowdays and if you want to play it you have two options. First is to play it on the N64 as it was intended or secondly purchase it via the online game service since they plan to offer their back catalogue that way. I see no real reason for a development team to actually remake and resell it, seems a waste when you could get the team making something new and exciting and I'm sure you would have alot of trouble recreating the magic that was Goldeneye.

Because some companies are bastards and won't let it be emulated, but will be gladly re-create the whole game on a handheld?

Plus, I like the idea of having classics in the palm of my hand. I couldn't really care whether it's streamed, emulated or re-coded, it's just having it in the palm of my hand.

i really dont mean to hijack this thread or seemingly pollute it with anti-wii comments, but am i the only one who doesn't think the wii controller is anything but stupid? the system looks good for what it is (i'm not interested in it as a main console for its lack of HD and stuff like that, but it's a definite possibility for me purchasing sometime after it's released).. but i'm just curious.. but back to topic>>

i'd love to see the remake of it on some console! that's be insane.. i could say in the case of the 360 or wii, that game alone would deserve a purchase of the console as well.. with the ps3's price, they'd have to impress me more than is capable of sony.. but regardless.. that'd be such an awesome game to be remade and reissued!

No I think there's plently of people out there that do not like the Wii controller; so no, you're not the only one. I won't be getting a Wii at launch but maybe someday down the road; I'd rather see GoldenEye make a XBLA release, I think it'd get a lot better justice there.