Sony DSC-T30

I just wanna get neowins thoughts on the DSC-T30, cause I have been looking at ultra compact cameras and doing my research, and this looks like the best option.

I found it for 363 shipped, so its a really good deal.

Leave your comments about any other options that you think are better than the Sony DSC-T30 and why you think they are better. Also what you dont like about the DSC-T30

I don't really have any experience with that camera, I just don't really like sony cameras though. A few of my friend had sonys and none of them were very good. They all had a large lag before taking the picture, the video modes were never very good, the pictures were never as crisp as they should have been, ect. FOr an ultra compact I'd either look at Casio or Kodak personally. Of course everybody has their own opinions...

i have played with these at best buy and such, and they have the fastest times i have ever seen. and according to the reveiw by cnet, they have the fastest of any ultra compact.

And for picture quality, thats what i wasnt really sure about

Personally, my first digit camera was a sony 3mp and all I had is problems over problems.

Maybe they changed but this is not something I refert to friends. And also, sony use their own memory format called "memory stick"

The camera itself doesn't have a good review

Personally, I find casio ultra slim camera ultra sexy and their reviews/features are very good

Same here. My first digital was a Sony. POS in my opinionalthough I had some good pictures). Battery life was less than stellar and they totally ruin their products with the blasted Memory Stick media. F-ing expensive and not nearly as fast as other options out there. I'd sit at my computer, wondering why I was paying $100 for a 1GB MS when I could have been buying 2GB+ SD/CF cards for the same price. The name implies expense, not necessarily quality....

I've got a T30 and for it's size, I think it's great!

Great screen (but can get dirty easily), Great battery life (in my opinion).

OK sharpness of the images, acceptable noise at ISO1000 (but great at night and the noise can be removed easily in Photoshop for important pics).

Sure you can get better pictures from a camera at this price, but you won't get a camera so small and light with such a big screen (3", but doesn't seem to ruin battery life at all!).

(Sorry for telling you all this after you bought the camera golf7 :rolleyes: )

well you've indirectly swayed my decision, 'cause I was also looking for an ultra compact digi cam. And you guys have said plenty. But I still have this one doubt from my own thread. Did you have any trouble with the quality of the camera itself? 'Cause a poster in my thread said he had nothing but trouble with Sony devices. Any insight on this would be awesome.