[Competition] $60 for logo/splash design

Question

Hi Guys,

Yes, it's competition time again.

At the moment, I am in the middle of forming a business that will provide a social network website. I already have a logo for the website itself, however I need a logo for the company that the site will trade under. The company will also be selling business oriented software in the future.

So, this particular competition is a logo for the company and the first product. The company name is "Flamescape", and the first software product will be called "Flamescape :: Management Console".

Neither Flamescape as a company, nor Dashboard as a product has a logo at the moment, so this is kind of a competition for both. Primarily, I need a logo for Flamescape as a company, however ideally I need to see the logo in use in a splash screen for the Management Console product.

There are no real design guidelines for this other than that the logo for the company will need to look good printed as well as on screen. Vector is preferred, and logo's can be accepted in Photoshop, EPS, or Illustrator formats.

The deadline for the competition is Monday 4th September.

Any questions please feel free to ask, but I look forward to seeing some great work as always from you guys here!

Feel free to PM me if you need to, other than that - good luck!

Thanks,

Paul.

UPDATE 22nd August: Changed product name from Dashboard to Management Console

Edited by kinetix63

Here's something I whipped up, if you don't like it tell me why and I'll see what I can do :)

flamescapeds5.gif

P.S. Nobody got a conclusion on your last competition, any reason for this?

Edited by CarlNewton

I like it!! I'm not overly keen on the font mind you, but the orb is pretty cool.

The last competition did have a winner. Cybadelic on here won, and was paid immediately afterwards. I thought I had posted that? I guess not. Anyway, I am sure he can confirm that if anybody has any fears that this is not genuine.

chconline: It's a nice start, but I was hoping to have something that would actually include flames... it's a nice logo, but I just want something a little more graphical.

post-56272-1155810483.gif

I've changed the font and added a few extras, such as darkening the bottom of the text to make it look burnt. If the font isn't what you want just tell me. Perhaps you could give examples or types (Serif etc) of what sort of font you're looking for.

Hope you like it :)

CarlNewton - that's looking pretty cool, I like it! Font wise though... I don't have any real examples of what I like, but I think I'm probably after something Sans Serif... preferrably quite thin rather than thick... space the letters out a bit if you need to. I think your logo certainly has promise! Could you perhaps try a different coloured background instead of the black? Perhaps a light blue? That might complement the orange a bit better than the black/grey.

Pox - it's nice, but probably a little too "futuristic" if you get my drift? I want something that is professional, yet minimalistic at the same time. Does that make sense? I hope you decide to submit a few more based on all of these comments. I've seen some excellent work generated by you on here before and I'm quite excited to see what you can come up with :yes:

Okay guys, sorry it's taken me until now to post a reply! Some comments for all of you:

carlnewton: Looks a lot better with the Blue I think... don't you? The font is absolutely excellent as well, almost exactly what I am looking for. Do you think you could slightly reduce the white stroke a little? I wonder if it would look a little better if it were thinner...

. Xs: I love it. Fantastic concept, minimalistic, professional looking, yet punchy. It's great! I'm looking forward to seeing the horizontal version. I wonder how it would look perhaps replacing one of the "a" letters with your styleized flame?

Andre: Hehe, reminds me of Hot Wheels. Not really what I'm looking for, but fun none the less.

chconline: I cannot quite put my finger on it, but there is just something that doesn't look right there. I don't know what it is. The colours look a little faded perhaps? I'm not sure. What does everybody else think?

MrEggSalad: A little on the unprofessional side for what I am looking for... Again the colours look a little "washed out"... the font is far too fancy for what I am looking for. The whole thing, I want a professional, sharp, minimalistic kind of look. The dashboard idea is kind of cool, however the product is more of a "management console" rather than a car dashboard.

Ivoz: Nice idea, but not sure that the green works. Also, the font is a little bit on the chunky side.

The Scarecrow: Again this is another one of those where I cannot quite put my finger on what is wrong with it. I like the fact that the FS orb could easily be changed in to a logo... But at the same time there is just something wrong with the way it looks. I don't think I like the FS for some reason. Does anybody else have any comments for this one?

P1Guy: I am really liking where that's going. I am not particularly keen on either of the fonts - I am after something that is sans serif, probably quite thin, and a "minimalistic" kind of feel to it, however I think this design holds some promise, and it would be great if you could refine it somewhere.

Pox: That's looking pretty cool, but how would the word Flamescape fit in with that?

Virtus: This is another one where I can't put my finger on with what's wrong. Perhaps I am just not a particular fan of Red, lol! Can anybody else make any suggestions for improvement to this?

Keep up the fantastic work guys, I am sure there are going to be some fantastic logo's coming out of this.

I think the white stroke does look better thinner, here it is. Also, I came up with a concept for dashboard; you never did say if you prefer the black outline for the logo, so I used it anyway, I'll remove it if you prefer without:

post-56272-1155896824_thumb.jpg

CarlNewton: That looks cool. I really like the Horizontal Overlay - looks excellent. Not overly keen on the black border I'm afraid, I think it would look better without. Also, is there any chance of seeing some variations of the logo where the colours are a bit... "richer" if that makes sense? The blue/purple looks better, but I wonder if it would look better with a stronger blue/purple... or maybe even different colours entirely. Sorry, I don't mean to be picky, I just like to have plenty to choose from, hehehe.

Virtus: Not overly keen still... I'm not sure I like the shield idea too much. Unfortunately, the diagonal lines don't add too much to it either.