[Competition] $60 for logo/splash design

Question

Hi Guys,

Yes, it's competition time again.

At the moment, I am in the middle of forming a business that will provide a social network website. I already have a logo for the website itself, however I need a logo for the company that the site will trade under. The company will also be selling business oriented software in the future.

So, this particular competition is a logo for the company and the first product. The company name is "Flamescape", and the first software product will be called "Flamescape :: Management Console".

Neither Flamescape as a company, nor Dashboard as a product has a logo at the moment, so this is kind of a competition for both. Primarily, I need a logo for Flamescape as a company, however ideally I need to see the logo in use in a splash screen for the Management Console product.

There are no real design guidelines for this other than that the logo for the company will need to look good printed as well as on screen. Vector is preferred, and logo's can be accepted in Photoshop, EPS, or Illustrator formats.

The deadline for the competition is Monday 4th September.

Any questions please feel free to ask, but I look forward to seeing some great work as always from you guys here!

Feel free to PM me if you need to, other than that - good luck!

Thanks,

Paul.

UPDATE 22nd August: Changed product name from Dashboard to Management Console

Edited by kinetix63

I am feeling the red one!! What do you think?

I agree, I think it's definatly between the first and the third.

Edit: Here is the collection of red designs. What do you think of the dashboard btw?

post-56272-1155904679_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarlNewton

Yeah... I am definitely feeling the red! It looks pretty cool.

Dashboard I like the idea, means we can re-use the orb... but like I said previously the product is more of a Management Console than a car dashboard... Hmm... perhaps I should change the product name to be Flamescape Management Console. Might make more sense. Any ideas that we could use for that?

here is a theme you might like on black on white and in black and white :D and Logo on its own. Can be tweaked to your liking

made it in more of a red than the faded purple if you want to see it let me know

Edited by P1Guy

Ivoz: Getting there! The flame is a little on the large side for me, and I'm still not overly keen on the font. A bit too... angled. But it is certainly getting there!!

P1Guy: Woah... Way cool! Font is excellent... Not keen on black backgrounds for anything if I'm honest. In fact... I don't really like black at all, lol! The gloss is perthaps a little on the high side, and I don't think that would re-print overly well on paper, but the ideas behind it are very cool! What I like about CarlNewton's logo is that it's kinda modular... I could change just one part of that logo to become a logo for virtually any product the company wants to make. I can do that with yours to an extent, however it's only the product name I could really change. I'd also perhaps like to see the flame more integrated with the text, but you are very well on your way to doing something very cool - the whole think is very impressive so far. If you have any more ideas in your noggin I would DEARLY like to see them.

yes, see the logo with just the flame would more or less be the logo, and the boxed logo would be more for products, as it reflects the original... well that was kinda the thought process i ThINk :wacko:

i can try something else possibly tomorrow

yes, see the logo with just the flame would more or less be the logo, and the boxed logo would be more for products, as it reflects the original... well that was kinda the thought process i ThINk :wacko:

i can try something else possibly tomorrow

Dude...that's pretty darn cool. Way to go! :)

It's simple, but the fire is unique.

flamescape1slq7.png

I made a quick mock up for Dashboard.

roughdashek7.th.png

I prefer the above font, but it is the same as Carl's, so here is an alternate.

flamescapealtftn5.th.png

Please comment on it. :)

I've added a thick outline to the previous entry as a test to see if you like it. I've also given a second design a shot.

post-56272-1156081039.gif

If you don't like the new black outline I can remove it from both entries, let me know what you think.

Hi Guys, sorry it's taken me a little while to post! It's been one of those weekends.

Okay, some more feedback for you all:

ivoz: I quite like the variation! Although I think I'd prefer it without the pink background...

P1Guy: I think I see where you're going with the thought process! It does look very cool indeed. I would certainly be interested to see any other ideas you may have.

ryushan: Not really my cup of tea... The fire is indeed very unique but for some reason it just doesn't look quite right...

ZiGGA: As always, quality work. I was, however, hoping for something a bit less sharp, and more rounded/smooth

CarlNewton: I am liking the cogs!!! Very cool idea.

Hi Guys, sorry it's taken me a little while to post! It's been one of those weekends.

Okay, some more feedback for you all:

ZiGGA: As always, quality work. I was, however, hoping for something a bit less sharp, and more rounded/smooth

I had a feeling you'd say something similar to that. And as I was doing it I was thinkig does he want rounded edges? Hmmm.. well I guess I can develop it a little. I'll post something else in a momentt or two.

I just remembered you mentioned a splash screen design, I'm not sure if you just wanted us to do the logo for the splash or the splash aswell but I came up with this...

post-56272-1156184096_thumb.jpg

The dark grey background could be replaced with transparency.

I just remembered you mentioned a splash screen design, I'm not sure if you just wanted us to do the logo for the splash or the splash aswell but I came up with this...

post-56272-1156184096_thumb.jpg

The dark grey background could be replaced with transparency.

Way too much dark outer glow and whatnot. Glow in logos is a no-no anyway. Draws attenton away from the actual logo.

Way too much dark outer glow and whatnot. Glow in logos is a no-no anyway. Draws attenton away from the actual logo.

That may be the case but there's no denying it does look very cool.

Any more submissions guys? Remember, this competition will be open until September 4th so there is LOADS of time yet.

Hey, I'm glad you like it kinetix.

Andre, you might have a good point. I might have overdone it. Thanks for your constructive critisizm! I'd just like to show how it might look without so many glows etc...

post-56272-1156195017.gif

The reduced glow for the font looks better. I liked the dark outlines though, but it wasn't consistent with their main logo, that needs a stroke around it too.