The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

I need to rent this. Everybody is telling me it's really good. Looks like my kind of movie. :woot:

They also have a part 2 coming March 2, 2007

The film will revolve around a team of National Guard cadets that stop at a desert outpost to deliver equipment to military scientists, but when they arrive at the research camp they discover that it's mysteriously deserted. After hearing a distress call on their walkies, they set off on what they think is a simple rescue mission into the hills - only to find a tribe of mutants, damaged by nuclear testing, who lie in wait for them.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/hills2.php

I just dont get ppl who go into movies like this expecting to see some amazing storyline or new twists to a REMAKE of a past movie. These are horror movies, people are not scared by spooky birds (Aka hitchcock) anymore, and I dont know if they are scared by gore or just squirmish or appalled by it, but its pretty much what weve had in Horror movies since Scream, and more contemporarily Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

If you really get down to it, The Hills had Eyes AND wrong turn both nearly match each other.

And for anyone thats wondering the ingredient for modern horror films is:

1. Mix of young men and busty women

2. Some random ppl along the way to die

3. Mutants or deranged persons

4. Mix all ingredients thouroughly in remote locations and sprinkle with some disturbanly creative ways of murdering/mutilating people and garnish with one maybe two of the main characters amazingly avoiding near death experiences.

5. Collect yo movie check.

I just dont get ppl who go into movies like this expecting to see some amazing storyline or new twists to a REMAKE of a past movie. These are horror movies, people are not scared by spooky birds (Aka hitchcock) anymore, and I dont know if they are scared by gore or just squirmish or appalled by it, but its pretty much what weve had in Horror movies since Scream, and more contemporarily Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

If you really get down to it, The Hills had Eyes AND wrong turn both nearly match each other.

And for anyone thats wondering the ingredient for modern horror films is:

1. Mix of young men and busty women

2. Some random ppl along the way to die

3. Mutants or deranged persons

4. Mix all ingredients thouroughly in remote locations and sprinkle with some disturbanly creative ways of murdering/mutilating people and garnish with one maybe two of the main characters amazingly avoiding near death experiences.

5. Collect yo movie check.

Sorry, but while I have absolutely no problem with gore, this movie relied on it far too much to try and make a good movie out of a crap movie. There was no redeeming qualities here. The original was good because it was unique for the time, but this remake didn't do any justice to it because all it tried to do was focus on the gore, if you want my honest opinion.

This is similar to the original, but it's not. Have you seen the original? Ten times better.

• 4 months later...

The Hills Have Eyes is a straightforward ass-kicking survival horror movie. A really impressive universe.

Definitely one of my favorites films, in a few words: WATCH IT and be scared! 5/5

A suburban American family is being stalked by a group of psychotic people who live in the desert, far away from civilization.

? IMDb

I saw this recently, not by my own choosing.

I thought it was hilarious, it was so awful. Of course, I only saw the remaining thirty minutes, but I feel that my judgment is fair. I dislike movies of this genre, as I do not find them entertaining, but this one was a great comedy.

• 1 month later...

I watched this movie just because my wife bought the DVD, and I must say it was excellent. I'm not a horror or slasher fan, but admit that THHE really got my heart pumping, especially towards the end, when I thought that the baddies would win. But the sudden change there really got me clapping!

I've seen the trailer for THHE2 where it's the Marines' turn this time round (shades of Aliens?) I can't wait to see the sequel when it comes out.

Score for THHE: 9/10

The Hills Have Eyes 1 was an OK movie. Saw the second (screener) and I must say that it was extremely crappy compared to the first one. Not scary at all, and the whole National Guard thing is so incredibly stupid.

The Hills Have Eyes 1 was an OK movie. Saw the second (screener) and I must say that it was extremely crappy compared to the first one. Not scary at all, and the whole National Guard thing is so incredibly stupid.

Agree with you 100% on the sequel. What were they thinking when they wrote that? All I can say is that Wes Craven needs to give it up, he hasn't been able to write anything good for a long time now.