Fantasy NHL Hockey League

I have a feeling that the top 4 teams are going to be crazy close.

Mission NW really got the game out of Pittsburgh that he needed with some vital PIM too.

I have a feeling that the top 4 teams are going to be crazy close.

Mission NW really got the game out of Pittsburgh that he needed with some vital PIM too.

Yup, my goaltending was incredible at 1.99GAA and a .930SV% but it still wasnt enough. Xavier killed me with his roster decisions, especially with his goalies. I mean he sat out Miller twice against the Leafs when he was scored on 5 and 4 times in 2 separate games. But man, Fleury came big for me today with the shutout and put me over the top. I made some bad forward decisions too. Kovalchuk is incredibly streaky. I had to pick up Witt just for his extra PIMs. I think with 1 game to go tonight, I'm pretty safe to go to the finals. Looks like I'll be seeing you there Fred.

I also had 2 PPG by Semin stolen... both times his shots BARELY, if at all, touched a teammates jersey, or neck strap and the goal was given to that player instead of Semin

Edited by bayrider

Yup, my goaltending was incredible at 1.99GAA and a .930SV% but it still wasnt enough. Xavier made some good roster decisions, especially with his goalies. I mean he sat out Miller twice against the Leafs when he was scored on 5 and 4 times in 2 separate games. But man, Fleury came big for me today with the shutout and put me over the top. I made some bad forward decisions too. Kovalchuk is incredibly streaky. I had to pick up Witt just for his extra PIMs. I think with 1 game to go tonight, I'm pretty safe to go to the finals. Looks like I'll be seeing you there Fred.

I also had 2 PPG by Semin stolen... both times his shots BARELY, if at all, touched a teammates jersey, or neck strap and the goal was given to that player instead of Semin

thnx, I actually thought i had a chance till today, with Fleury having a gr8 game for u, i knew it was over for me.....anyway, it was a good match up.

good luck on the next round,

~X

lol thanks. I actually wasn't going to start Fleury and let you take the points in Wins and SV%. I was hoping that my forwards today would pick up some slack as the other categories were pretty tight, but I said F--- it in the last minute and started Fleury

You did indeed. It's going to be a very interesting championship final match, i'll certainly be keeping an eye on that one. We're down to the last 4 matches of the year now, i personally think it's gone quite quickly but it's certainly been alot of fun.

Yes, since its the championship week for the leagues.

That's what I thought!

Is there a 3 game minimum for goalies or is that number increased now that its a 2 week schedule?

I think i chose wisely on tuesday with regards to my goalies. All 3 had wins but Hasek and Halak had shutouts.

Speaking of goalies, Fred seems to be using some interesting tactics with regards to goalies. Very close match between him and Mission for the championship :)

Speaking of goalies, Fred seems to be using some interesting tactics with regards to goalies. Very close match between him and Mission for the championship :)

Win or Die. There is no second place.

I picked up Ryane Clowe and I got a fight out of him (+5 PIM).

God knows why his parents added and 'e' to Ryan. That probably forced him to be a tough guy. The other kids probably called him "Ry-Anne"

Edit: Woot! 6-5 with three nights to go.

Edited by Fred Derf

I have three NYI players going tonight and I might need them to win the hockey pool. Yet, my moral quandary is that I don't want the NYI to eliminate the Leafs (who are holding onto 8th place with a whisper and prayer).

I definitely don't want those guys getting a GWG. Any of my other players are welcome to get GWG, particularly Jamie Langenbrunner. What I really need, however, are a few more assists. If I can hold the assists column, I should be able to win even if bayrider gets a GWG and breaks that logjam.

bayrider needs 4 assists and 1 GWG by my reckoning. I think I'm fairly safe in most other categories. If we do end up in a 5-5 tie then my extra 10 goals should make the difference.

Congrats Fred... my offense just didn't show up these last 2 weeks. Full credit to your 'screw the goalies' decision. It hurt me down the stretch. Those thursday games where my entire lineup only produced 1G, 2A and 4PIM really killed my chances.

Yes congrats to Fred, a very entertaining last match. Hard luck Bayrider, led the league the whole year and came so close to winning the whole thing, maybe next year eh?

Wow, I'm glad that is over. The entire two weeks was neck and neck. I'm sure I would have lost if I had tried to go toe-to-toe with bayrider's goalies. Perhaps that shouldn't be allowed but, hey, it worked. :ninja:

Incidentally, when I checked this morning I got a bronze trophy presumably because I was third during the regular season.

Edit: They fixed that.

Edited by Fred Derf

• 4 months later...