The Wicker Man

Well I went and caught both movies with the girlfriend tonight and thought id share my thoughts on em.

<Crank Review Split into New Thread>

I also throughly enjoyed the Wicker Man. The reviews at Rotten Tomatoes completely raped the movie (its at 12%), but I just dont agree with them. I enjoy a little camp in my horror/suspense movies, and was very pleased with how this remake turned out. I had seen most of the original before, so nothing came as much of a surprise. The film definately had some creepy parts (although by the end of the movie, the smash-cut technique was getting a bit tiresome), and maintained a constant state of tension. Acting wise, Im a bit biased because I love Nicolas Cage and Ellen Burynst, and would probally defend anything they were apart of, but I felt the acting from them and the supporting roles was more than adequate when remembering the campy premise of the storyline.

Although Im sure some will disagree, if you've got nothing to do this weekend, Id definately suggest checking these two films out.

Edited by Fred Derf