Steve Irwin's Death Tape...

Irwin's Death video:  

381 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see it? / Would you watch it?

• Yes.
    • No!
    • Who?

He did harass quite alot of animals I must say, I remember watching him handling a snake, and it wasn't as gentle as I've seen other people handle snakes.

Anyway, HE WAS A GOOD BLOKE, and I would watch the video. His life was about documenting, and preserving animal habitats. I enjoyed watching him.

And to be quite honest, I'm suprised he wasn't killed earlier. He did play with alot of dangerous animals, and got too close for comfort on many occasions.

You must be a Steve Irwin fan. First : It's his own fault that he was stabbed through the heart, because he's a dumbass for swimming with stingrays, and we should be allowed to see it. Second : We are not people that j*** off to Saw and crap, you stupid idiot STFU! Third : Your an idiot for saying that stuff above, and you just proved that your also a dumbass, so stfu! (again)

He's not dumb... That was like the 17th killing from that stingray species, ever. 3rd ever in Australia. Thank you wiki. He was pretty much at no risk at all. It was just bad luck.

It's like saying that it's stupid to pet your dog. The dog has never bitten anyone and you've owned it for 10 years. Would you be considered dumb if the dog all of the sudden, just mauled and killed you?

I would like to see his death though. My uncle was dying that day and when I saw that in the waiting room, it just bummed me out even more. Although I did not watch his show, he always seemed to be a great guy with his animal protection thing.

Edited by Trong

When can we see it ?

Probably never as last I heard it was to be destroyed.

I don't think I'd like to see his death, and prefer to keep a memory of him in a more serene memory. :) (well, as much as it gets with Irwin, hehe)

you poeple need to read the articles about his death again, apparantly half of you don't have any clue what this man has done in his lifetime.

he never harrassed animals, that video with him and the lawnmower was him cutting the grass for the crocodiles sake, the crocodile obviously didn't like it and it was the only thing protecting steve, he was in no way trying to annoy that crocodile, merely maintain its environment and protect himself.

he never, never, did anything to agitate the animals he worked with, his sole purpose while filming was to cause no harm to or scare the animals.

if you think he was doing this just for entertainment you know nothing.

He was doing good in showing the world that the so-called "scary" animals are not as scary as they may seem.

The irony was that he had to die on the hand (tail?) of one of the most peaceful sea creature. i.e. although equipped with a lethal weapon, they don't normally kill people with it. (unlike humans in power, who like to show off that they've got guns and bombs and not deterred to use them)

OT:hippos are not equipped with any weapons or venoms, yet they kill more people than crocs in africa. :rofl:

His death just shows us that however smart or vicious or careful we are, there's still one power that surpasses us. Nature.

And i'm still torn whether i want to watch the video or not. I don't mind dead people, but seeing them suffer before they died is a different story. If the word was true that he had a quick death them i might want to watch the video.

You should tell that to my friends, who found and watched the video of the beheading long time ago (remember the beheading that was done by the Al-Qaeda on TV?)

They said they can't eat for a while after watching it.heh..serve them right!

I'd like to see it. I hope it gets released.

September 6, 2006

Steve Irwin video may never been seen by public

Steve Irwin's death Monday came as a shock to many people and since then the world has mourned his loss. He died after a stingray barb punctured his chest during the filming of an underwater documentary off Australia's Queensland coast.

To some, his death came as no surprise given his risky lifestyle and how he seemed to thrive off bringing some of the world's most dangerous animals to people's homes worldwide via television.

Irwin was once questioned about what should happen if he was in a life-threatening situation while filming. Irwin told his camera crew they should continue filming "even if I am eaten by a shark or croc." He said he would be sad if no one got it on tape.

Monday's incident was caught on tape. John Stainton, Irwin's producer and friend, viewed the tape on Irwin's death before handing it over to police. "It's a very hard thing to watch because you're actually witnessing somebody die and it's terrible," Stainton said. He continued to say that the tape "shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up and spiked him here [in the chest] and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone. That was it - the cameraman had to shut down."

It now seems increasingly unlikely footage of the tragic event will ever reach the public's eyes. Stainton told CNN that the tape is presently in police custody and should be destroyed.

"It should be destroyed," Stainton said. "When that (tape) is finally released it will never see the light of day, ever.

"I actually saw it and I don't want to see it again," he said.

Arguably, Steve Irwin's contribution to world was to raise public awareness to many of the world's animals and the struggles they face. He achieved this through sometimes shocking visual media being delivered via television to millions of homes on a weekly basis. Now it seems the final shocking and tragic moments of his life may never be seen.

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/steve_irwin...ep_06_2006.html

all of you people who said yes are sick

let the poor guy rest in peace

it's bad enough that the media are having a field day over it here let alone this crap about the video coming out now

I have no need to see it, but probably would watch it if I came across it. He had stated in the past to always keep the cameras running, that if his head ever wound up in a crocks mouth the last thing he wanted on film was him going down saying Crikey.

QFT. That's about all he was.

An entertainer? You clearly have absolutely NO understanding about what he did do you? So shut ya mouth, and actually get your facts straight.

An entertainer? You clearly have absolutely NO understanding about what he did do you? So shut ya mouth, and actually get your facts straight.

Gosh, you sure told me. :cry:

:sleep:

^ Hah. That doesn't work on me anymore. Remove that link though because some people would get angry. They expected to see a video of the stingray attack, not some feeble attempt at scaring someone.

FYI: it's the typical dead-looking girl that pops on to your screen.

I wouldn't watch it out of respect. I didn't know him and as far as I'm concerned don't have the right to see such as thing.