Steve Irwin's Death Tape...

Irwin's Death video:  

381 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see it? / Would you watch it?

• Yes.
    • No!
    • Who?

i'd love to see the video, but personally i think they should show it on tv anyway, as a mark of respect im sure he would have liked it shown.

I dont think so. Why would he want his fans, friends and his children to see his last few minutes on earth speared by a spike. No something I would want to see. I know the video would contain wildlife which steve is all about, but you have to draw the line somewhere. If not for our sake but for his kids. People are right, its to do with respect. So dont watch it. If they had and released a video of princess dianas final moments here, there would be uproar.

guys this video is gross! its on a certain totaly crap website (literally) and it just wrong.

Its still with the QLD Police. I'd go as far as garenteeing it ain't real.

guys this video is gross! its on a certain totaly crap website (literally) and it just wrong.

Thats not even funny. Seriously.

Clearly there are people who are on here that want to see the REAL video. You sir, are as pathetic as the disrespectful bastards on that pathetic website.

You disgust me, you pathetic POS.

Its not so much that I want to see him die but I want to see how. I mean he was around deadly snakes and crocs all the time. What the hell went wrong with the sting ray. So I say yes I want to see the tape. :yes:

The video will most likely be shown. It's what he said he always wanted, and I doubt his family would go against his wishes.

I have no need to see it, but probably would watch it if I came across it. He had stated in the past to always keep the cameras running, that if his head ever wound up in a crocks mouth the last thing he wanted on film was him going down saying Crikey.

Gosh, even though I never payed much attention to him, this guy is really missed by me. So he wanted it to be taped and that it be seen by others? If that's what he wants, then maybe, that's what should be given for him

I hope the QLD Police destroy the tape.
Well, its the Qld cops lol

Seriously, I would like to see it... but out of curiosity not pleasure.

Thats not even funny. Seriously.

Clearly there are people who are on here that want to see the REAL video. You sir, are as pathetic as the disrespectful bastards on that pathetic website.

You disgust me, you pathetic POS.

Who are you referring to?

I smell PETA in posts...

Anyway, I'd see the tape. As a sign of respect to the man requests. Not in, like, primetime. Maybe as part of a documentary about him. Those have disclaimers. Kennedy's assasination, read assaination, can be accesed. He was respected, too.

no... why would anyone wish to watch a clip of someones death....

Sir, for whatever reason, it is in fact an extremely popular subject of human curiosity.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy's skull explosion has already been mentioned here as a frequently watched and easliy accessed fragment of public record which has been publicly broadcast ad infinitum.

It is not uncommon to see a TV news program or current affairs program containing images of someones death.

Award-winning documentary films and photo-journalism contain graphic images of people dying.

Is it any less respectful when we don't know the name of the unfortunate deceased?

I can understand the viewers of these documentaries' reluctant need to be aware of the grim reality of what is happening in the world.

I find it less easy to understand that there is a whole genre of the entertainment industry devoted to the macabre, i.e. the horror genre, which features the most disgusting, tawdry, and over-the-top scenes of gratuitous blood-drenched violent tortures and deaths. The fact that people can watch these for entertainment is totally beyond me; but millions do.

It may be that our modern life is so sheltered from the woeful and grisly reality of everyday death, (our meat is killed, butchered, and gift-wrapped on our behalf, the death of our relatives is sanitized, embalmed, dressed and decorated on our behalf, we use money to distance ourselves from the fact), that we feel the urge to sneak a peek.

Funny thing is, recently a friend's 18 year old son who is a fan of those horror type of music bands was raving on with glee about all these disgusting horror films he's recently seen and the gory details. I said to him if he likes it that much he's welcome to come over to my place, I've got a lamb in the back yard that needs it's throat cut as soon as I've got some room in the freezer. Although he loved to induge in gratuitous gore, and watch the most grisly scenes of horrific violence, he couldn't kill his own meat.

Why can't we repect Steve Irwin and believe him when he says he wants the cameras to keep rolling if he is killed in action? Why can't we honour his earnest wish? Why can't we be honest and watch reality, no matter how unpalatable, instead of indulging in vicarious tawdry Hollywood exaggerated representations.

Finally, if the footage is released for public viewing, (and in this day and age which is ruled by the almighty dollar it will make sound commercial sense after a suitably decent period of mourning), I'm sure nobody will be forced to watch it, and those who find it offensive will be given warning that footage of a graphic nature is to follow, so they can avert their gaze if necessary.