NFL Football Thread.

Well since the Dolphins vs Steelers game kicked off the season, and the rest of the teams play tomorrow... I figured there should be a new thread.

I am excited for the Colts vs Giants... GO ELI!

anyone else?

Kasay just kicked a 54 yard fg to put the Panthers up 3-0.

I saw it at the stadium, the panthers are gonna have problems all season if they play like that, Delhomme couldn't connect with anything over 6 yards, and the defense couldn't stop the run, they should have sacked vick so many times instead he escaped for something like 11 yards or got completly open to throw a pass.

Thats just my thought on it but i couldn't really see a bright point today, except the early field goal, that was a good kick.

Observations:

Panthers = overrated

Eagles = underrated

Bears will take the NFC North.

Favre should retire NOW.

Denver is going downhill.

Tampa Bay... what the hell? Or maybe Baltimore's defense is really THAT good again?

Detroit still can't score

... apparently neither can Seattle.

T.O. will get tired of Bledsoe by week 3 and throw a hissy fit.

Larry Johnson seemed grounded, perhaps a sign of things to come?

The Bills outplayed the Patriots, but lost. Typical Bills stuff.

Pennington looked stout.

It felt really good to see New Orleans win. Hopefully they can have a decent season.

Baltimore's defense has always been that good, but since their offense always sucked, they were on the field most of the game. Now since they a more of a balanced team, the Ravens will be good team this year. I think they wil make the playoffs this year.

i was watching the 49er vs card game. the cards looked alot better then last year. but omg there o line sucks bad. but the 9ers offence looks better to but they lost there good D. but the WR and QB combo was crazy.

week 2 means alot for alot of the team

Buffalo at Miami

(miami can make it to the playoffs so they need this game)

Carolina at Minnesota

(if car. lose this game atl and NO may get a 1 game lead)(min. cant lose or chi. will get a 1 game lead)

New Orleans at Green Bay

(if NO cant get behind atl, i dont think they could beat atl so they need this win)(GB has to win or its over)

N.Y. Giants at Philadelphia

(big game 2 for each winner will have a lead well in the tie bracker)

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

(we all know how big this game is atl may get a 1 game lead)

Arizona at Seattle

(if ari. wins they may lead the div, lol wait the rams are playing SF so a tie)

Kansas City at Denver

(both teams need this win or they will be 1 game in back of SD)

New England at N.Y. Jets

(the jets may lead NE, omg didnt see that coming)

Tennessee at San Diego

(SD should win this game)

Washington at Dallas

(a most win for both teams)

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville

(both teams my need this to keep there teams tied for 1st in div.)

but what a monday night game, but i cant watch it, F ESPN and ABC(they're the same company? right)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is still the official thread or not because things have slowed down recently. I think it's been mentioned in other articles but isn't it time that Madden start using his curse for the good of mankind by now? Shouldn't he put like Osama Bin Laden or like an FBI Top Ten list on the cover of the '08 edition.

Other thoughts...I think it'll be the Eagles at Bears for the NFC Championship. Unless the Bears haven't learned anything from last years Carolina game, which I doubt after everything I've read about Lovie. I keep hearing people argue that they haven't played anyone but you can only play the teams scheduled. If you are better then you better beat them, and they've beaten them pretty badly.

I think the Colts will run into trouble if they can't stop anyone from running all over them. The Broncos are also in trouble if they can't get that running game going. It might be another case of a coach thinking he's a genius and Shannahan thinking he can plug in any RB and turn him into a 1000 yard back. They can't stretch the field without that running game and Plummer is lost if he's forced to stay in the pocket and read defenses.

I am guessing you are a Bears fan.... i know what you mean about the "look who they've played" stuff... Philly is 4-1 and besides dallas we have beaten some mediocre teams... but like you said.. its only who is on your schedule... i know philly should be 5-0 after they let ny come back.. but whatever... i hope to play the bears in the NFC championship game... heres hoping to an injury free season and home field advantage through the playoffs.... i havent picked an AFC team yet... colts almost lost to the jets and titans so i am not convinced they are the same team without james...

i know at some point we are going to talk about 2 teams, so why not now.

Raiders 0-16

Bears 16-0

what do you guys think.

i think the bears will not go undefed.

i think my raiders may go winless, i was watching the Denver game, and was thinking we just cant get into the end zone, witch is the fact of the year. the o line looked alot better in that game, and the raiders D looked good well kinda good vs the bronc'hos. but i only think they did better because they played the bronc'hos.

this years raiders team is one of the worst teams i've ever seen. i wanna see how the bears respond next week. arizona may have been a wake up call.

as a die-hard Vikings fan who was also a huge Randy Moss fan i hate to see the poor guy suffer with the Raiders....i truly think they will go 0-16 this year....as for the Bears my guess is they win 14 games

Just wondering, but did the person who told me that Drew Henson was better than Tony Romo (forgot who told me that) still believe that? ;) He had a couple of interceptions, but much better than Henson did when he actually got playing time.

as a die-hard Vikings fan who was also a huge Randy Moss fan i hate to see the poor guy suffer with the Raiders....i truly think they will go 0-16 this year....as for the Bears my guess is they win 14 games

poor guy, he is a punk bitch, he doesnt try 70% of the time. he drops balls every game. the raiders may have beat the broncos if randy moss would have got that TD, then if he didnt drop so many balls the raiders may have beat the browns. moss is a joke, he plays like the other punk bitch jerry porter at less he tried today. if moss didnt drop so many balls the raiders could be 4-3(that would be sad too). so dont say poor moss. TO can atless catch the ball