NFL Football Thread.

Not sure, but there are some interesting games coming up shortly. The Colts-Patriots should be a good matchup, the Bears-Giants, Bears-Patriots, should also be good games.

On a tangential note: Anyone surprised or notice the lack of national attention for Shawn Merriman's steroid suspension? Alex Sanchez of the DRays gets caught by MLB and its on every front page of the paper and congress calls a special session to vilify MLB. I understand that they made their bed when they essentially turned their heads in the late '90s but the blatant double standard is beginning to wear thin. 4 Carolina Panthers players were prescribed steroids by a shady doctor a week or two before their Super Bowl game and nobody bats an eye. To portray the NFL as "cleaner" simply because it has had a testing policy in place for longer is as much a problem as allowing the steroid use. Realistically if a report came out that said 50% of NFL players use steroids or other PEDs my reaction would be "WOW...that's it?"

OK Rant over.

didnt Shawn Merriman played last week?

Yeah, because he was appealing his suspension which means he's allowed to play until they reach a decision on the appeal. He dropped the appeal just the other day so now he will sit out the next 4 games.

Was I the only one ###### my pants during the colts game... Well thats just because im a colts fan. Everytime we had to kick a field goal I was like "**** nooooooo"

• 4 weeks later...

Who the hell decided to bring back Art Shell, he didn't do **** for the raiders in L.A, why now? Man we suck, and Al Davis needs to just die or get wheeled off to a retirement home already. :angry:

Who the hell decided to bring back Art Shell, he didn't do **** for the raiders in L.A, why now? Man we suck, and Al Davis needs to just die or get wheeled off to a retirement home already. :angry:

well if im not wrong he toke controll in the middle of the season one year, and they lost big in the playoffs.

what have the raiders do since that Buck super bowl game, nothing they havent won a div. game in 3 year. yes its been 3 year. i dont even know if the offence can get better. the QB is running around to not die, the pocket is gone after the snap. the running backs are stuck from the lack of an oline. the raiders need to trade moss,j. porter for o line men. get one or 2 in free agent signning. and the raiders will be a team that can get more then 30 points in the 4th for the whole season :| :| .but the raiders D is good

2 teams had a great draft(one wasnt the raider :) )

So... how about dem Saints? Man what a game :D

It was a great game, unfortunately I am a Cowboys fan. :(

Reggie Bush was unstoppable, Drew Brees was stellar and Sean Payton had them well prepared. He knew exactly what to do to stop Romo and they executed perfectly. There was some questionable officiating on both sides. For example T.O. whining only to have the defence getting the unsportsmanlike, the 3 inches denying the 1st down, and the facemask on Bush.

Either way they had to suck it up, but chose not to and the better team won. I'm just happy the boys have a chance at making the playoffs.

dang Catnip. Where ya been? I also assume you are referring to the Falcons. hehe...they still fielding a team? :p

haha yeah.. if you want to call it that. Aside from the obvious (dropped passes, MV QB rating somewhere around 75, completions 55% or so), we have no depth on defense, so injuries have killed us there the last 2 years, ranked 31st against the pass, and there is no imagination whatsoever in the playcalling. everyone on both sidelines and in every seat in the stadium knows what we are going to run on 80% of the plays.

DeAngelo Hall matched up really well vs. TO last season when he was still with Philly, but the rest of our secondary has been getting burned worse than Deion was when he came back to the Ravens a couple years ago.. and thats pretty bad.

home field is going to be huge, the atlanta "fans" do generally show up pretty well for these primetime games, but the cowboys faithful travel pretty well, and if the steelers/falcons game earlier this year (reminiscent of the Cubs takeover of Turner Field in 2003 NLDS) is any indication, there will be just as much cowboy blue there saturday as anything.

and yeah, i sorta fell off the face of the internet for a while. im sure youve all missed having an Atlanta homer around

The Dolphins did nice on Sunday. I would have been at that game against the Patriots in a luxury box seat, but unfortunately I was bedridden with illness (hell, I still am).

and yeah, i sorta fell off the face of the internet for a while. im sure youve all missed having an Atlanta homer around

Hey, there you are. Welcome back to the forums. I was wondering where catnip had gone :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Da Bears!!!!

Seriously..........I feel its their year.

I am hoping for a Bears/Eagles NFC Championship....... I dont think any NFC team can beat either of the 3 top AFC teams(Chargers, Ravens, Colts).... but as we all know... "any given sunday"...

God, I love it when the Raiders lose. It's awesome that Raider fan always thinks they are the greatest team in the world but they aren't even the best team in the Bay Area. Fantastic! The Niners are sniffing playoffs while the Raiders are sniffing yet another first pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Crushing defeat for the Cowboys. Who would believe such an ending?

I can. It's the TO curse..... Bad people make bad things happen.

Want to see Dallas in the Superbowl next year? Dump TO now!!!!

You do make sense, tscdoc. Lets all blame TO for Romo bobbling the ball on an almost certain game winning field goal.

that attempt was completely discusting! i called silence to watch the game winning field goal.. which i thought would be anything from retarded.. and ROMO SLIPS THE SNAP! he's been catching snaps all year long! he trains for this sorta thing.. and you think you'd pay extra attention at the end of the year...

Final 2 min, your 1 point behind, about to be eliminated.. Gramatica lined up for the kick... the ball is snapped, your certain seconds away from victory and... AND.. ROMO SLIPS THE SNAP! Then he tries to run it in.. at this time i was on my feet yelling at the tv, and i can't believe he falls 2 yards short.. and FUMBLES!

Dallas... i have nothing more to say to you

It was very disappointing. But we were in it to the end, which I was afraid it would be a blow out after the way we have played lately. Just trying to look at the positive side. Romo is ok.. he's young and I"m sure he got nervous. He'll settle down when he gets more experience. I hope. Is Bill Parcells coming back?