Nintendo Japan Press Conference

sony microsoft and nintendo are all skimping

no hdmi on xbox, no dvd on wii, no hdmi cable on ps3, dont they realise they will loose more money by people boycotting them than they would paying for that little extra in a cable or license.

sony microsoft and nintendo are all skimping

no hdmi on xbox, no dvd on wii, no hdmi cable on ps3, dont they realise they will loose more money by people boycotting them than they would paying for that little extra in a cable or license.

Can you play games on your DVD player? Why expect DVDs on your console?

I'm sure the companies will survive the "boycotting" (even Sony ;) ).

We expect it because sony and ms brand their systems as media centres, they should be able to play all media we can throw at them.

yes, sony and MS

but Nintendo has always called them self 'a game center'

they are very focused on the games and getting new gamers to look at them. while Ms and sony seem to focus more on the 'extra features'

none of nintendos old consoles could play DVD's nor any sort of movie media... so I didn't expect it from them in the Wii.

But really.. why is keeping the Wii for playing DVD's? codecs? 'cause if that's the case... what's stoping me from loading them my self? I mean.. it has a USB, SD slot and it gets an IP - so there are tonz of ways to get codecs (maybe even soft mods?) onto the system.

IIRC, Wiimote = $29.99, Nunchuck = $19.99 ... to me, that's a very sneaky way to charge $60 for a controller.

This leads me to wonder how much Nintendo is losing on console sales selling it for $250? Sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread, didn't get a chance to read all of it.

IIRC, Wiimote = $29.99, Nunchuck = $19.99 ... to me, that's a very sneaky way to charge $60 for a controller.

This leads me to wonder how much Nintendo is losing on console sales selling it for $250? Sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread, didn't get a chance to read all of it.

30 + 20 = 60?

Oh I get it, this is the new math right?

Nintendo won't lose money. No way. Nope.

And I think it's daylight robbery that they sell the 2 seperately! Why would you not want the nunchuck??

of course they are going to sell it as a pack but when I break my remote cause I was close to my wall and did a sword swing, I going to spend for the remote. Some games only need the remote so your grandma can play and you don't have to spend on both.

Speaking of this, does anyone have the clip to last year's I believe, where Miyamoto was talking to this hot woman while playing a dog-related game and said something like "if you follow me i'll show you some more tricks" and they both go backstage? I really want to see it again cause it was funny.

30 + 20 = 60?

Oh I get it, this is the new math right?

It IS $60, just the amounts were wrong.

Nintendo revealed that Wii's various controllers would be available to buy separately at launch. The Wii remote will cost $39.99; the nunchuck $19.99 and the classic controller about $20.

What they need to do is let us use the Gamecube controllers in place of buying a new "classic" controller.

My only beef is why is everything more expensive than the Japanese pricing?

Wiimote is $10 more than direct conversion. Wii itself $35 or so more (except NA gets a pack-in game). Nunchuck and classic controller $5 more.

Bah, I'll still buy and be happy cause I'm a sucker for the games. Doesn't mean I have to like it :p

All first-party games and most (if not all) other Wii content will be capable of the 16:9 aspect ratio used by HDTVs but will not be in high definition.

:(

not that I have a 16:9 aspect ratio HDTV.. but it would still be nice

Edited by Joel

Speaking of this, does anyone have the clip to last year's I believe, where Miyamoto was talking to this hot woman while playing a dog-related game and said something like "if you follow me i'll show you some more tricks" and they both go backstage? I really want to see it again cause it was funny.

:huh: But wouldn't they be talking Japanese?

ヌンチャクコントローラ is nunchucku controller.

センサーバースタンド is center bar stand.

your translation is a bit flawed actually センサーバースタンド directly translates to exactly "server stand" but that is alright lol sometimes Japanese can get a bit difficult to translate. honestly i would never trust any translation site if i was you.