A Dummies Guide to Photography

I just purchased my new Canon A540 ( i know it's no RebelXT but it's decent) and i'm looking to learn about all the features in the camera and what they all mean. Is there a dummies guide to learning about white balance/exposure settings etc... so i will know how to properly use my camera in proper places and such...

anything at all would be a great help.

Thanks

Not to sound rude or anything, but the first book you should read, is the manual! RTFM - Read The Fine Manual :) Then www.megapixel.net has some good free articles for begginers, also we have a sticky post that has lots of resources...

basically the only way to learn ur camera properly is to just use it a lot :p iusing different settings and going to different places where the lighting varies :) so you would just test it in different settings and voila :) u know more about your camera that u ever thought of :) and ofcourse just read the manual at least one time :p canon makes good manuals so you wont be disappointed

basically the only way to learn ur camera properly is to just use it a lot :p iusing different settings and going to different places where the lighting varies :) so you would just test it in different settings and voila :) u know more about your camera that u ever thought of :) and ofcourse just read the manual at least one time :p canon makes good manuals so you wont be disappointed

Run awayyy, smilie attack! :p

f/11 and be th--

But seriously, Syxxpacc was right in that you should use your camera a lot; you'll get used to its idiosyncracies in time. Once you've done that, you can get to the artistic, creative part of photography. Plenty of resources are available online. DPS is a good place to start.