Seven Samurai

A black and white Japanese classic. Probably not going to be the popular movies in this forum, but I wanna see who actually saw it :p.

There were some overly long moments of plain pause, but it's an old B/W movie. I loved the story, the cinematography. It was a very entertaining film. One of the few first movies to utilize Slow-Mo which was pretty cool. And it has samurais!

3 hour movie, and an intermission in between. Not as long as Gone With The Wind, but I felt the butt pains.

5 Thumbs from me. Instant Japanese classic (Along with that blind samurai film).

I normal have this rule about 3 hour long movies; 9 time out of 10 they could benefit from tighter editing... this is the exception though, this movie is absolutely perfect in all its 3 hour glory, and probably one of the few 3 hours movies I have sat through in one sitting. Normally I have to take a break and do something else half way through, but this one is 3 hours of pure gold on celluloid.

If you liked it, you should definitely check out some of Akira Kurosawa's other; Throne of Blood, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Rashomon, Ran. Ran is probably my favorite Kurosawa film. It is a bit slow moving, but the massive scope of the movie is just so marvelous.

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed the film. It tells the stroy really slowly butit never gets boring. Quite the opposite happend to me. go attached to the characters and their individual background. It's not your everyday p?opcorn movie but something you will love if it you let sink in.