NBC'S Heroes

maybe I was a little harsh on my first impression of the show. I am starting to get into it.

I just wish it was longer than 1 hour. It doesn't give the characters enough screen time.

This is exactly my position. I wasn't too thrilled with the pilot or the second episode, but I acquired the third episode and that's what really did it for me. The part where the mind-reading detective (don't recall his name) is hearing everyone's thoughts in the bar and suddenly he's looking at the one guy and it's completely silent....awesome! Very nice reveal.

Full speed ahead to 9pm Pacific time!

The cheerleader is soooo frickin hot!

I'd do her :yes:

who is she?

nevermind its Hayden Panettiere, shes only 2 months older then me!! hot!

She lives by me :shiftyninja:

Was Hiro carrying a katana or was that something else?

Thats what it looked like to me. Also looks like things are starting to fall into place.

DLW

wow that episode was pretty awesome and the endings just keep getting better...hiro speaks english and is carrying a katana....woooo :D

on the hot side how hot was hayden tonight!!! :p

Wow that was awesome. Show keeps getting better and better. That Hiro showing up at the end to deliver a message to Peter was completely unexpected. Damn I'm happy this show is turning out to be better than what i was expecting

maybe I was a little harsh on my first impression of the show. I am starting to get into it.

I just wish it was longer than 1 hour. It doesn't give the characters enough screen time.

Always leave your audience wanting more ;)

dude in the elevator got PWND by Nikki :p

This show is really getting good!

I just pray they change the timeslot before 24 comes back :o

aw, hell. that's right. they better change the timeslot by then, because no show can rank higher than 24 on Monday nights.

Was Hiro carrying a katana or was that something else?

Yes, and it has the symbol on the handle. Like the tatoo on Nikki and the necklace on the mindblocking black guy. And Claire's dad is with the black guy. I don't think Claire's dad is bad guy.

Yes, and it has the symbol on the handle. Like the tatoo on Nikki and the necklace on the mindblocking black guy. And Claire's dad is with the black guy. I don't think Claire's dad is bad guy.

Isn't it pretty much settled that the black guy is Sylar? If that's the case, then Claire's dad is running around with the man responsible for cutting the brains out of people. He's also responsible for kidnapping the cop and experimenting on him.

I'm pretty certain Claire's dad is 'bad guy'.

Isn't it pretty much settled that the black guy is Sylar? If that's the case, then Claire's dad is running around with the man responsible for cutting the brains out of people. He's also responsible for kidnapping the cop and experimenting on him.

I'm pretty certain Claire's dad is 'bad guy'.

It is? I thought Sylar was white. :huh:

It is? I thought Sylar was white. :huh:

may i ask why?

we've never actually been told who Sylar is (but we assume)....we've only seen him knowing 100% it was him when he was all wearing that hoodie and everything...then we saw that black guy with seemingly the same powers in the bar (hence the belief that that is Sylar)

what in the world would make you assume he was white? :blink:

sylar-screencap-1.jpg

sylar-screencap-2.jpg

sylar-screencap-3.jpg

people have enhanced the image a bit, and you can see his face, they even figured out the actor...although im guessing the show creators werent planning on anyone being able to see his face. I also think the black guy is sylar, but who knows.

show is definitly getting better and better every episode

people have the patience of a 2 year old nowadays. Story development? F' that, man. We want instant gratification!

/sarcasm

:laugh:

Seriously, though. Pilots are meant to draw people in to the show from the beginning. There was just something lacking in the first 2 episodes of Heroes, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think part of it is how they follow the story lines of a lot of people in one hour which segments all of the individual stories to a very short length and makes it seem like you aren't getting anywhere with many of these story lines. I assume it won't be that way much longer since the main characters are starting to meet each other.

Also, the fact that I rarely ever watch TV and the only two other shows of which I've watched whole seasons in recent years are Lost and 24 might not be fair to this series. I only kept watching Heroes because I liked the basis of the story and thought it had a lot of potential, and I must say I'm glad I did stick with the show. It's just getting better and better!

You guys win. As far as I'm concerned, with the way the last 2 episodes went this looks like it'll be a big hit. :)

I am from the future... :cool:

Seriously, the ending of that episode was amazing and it was also great to see the other side of that women who has got two personalities. Hiro looked so sick with his ninja costume and sword! Woot, it's beggining to become like lost.

they even figured out the actor

who is it?

My take is that guy is not sylar at all. It doesn't add up that a guy that can control minds and can get up after bullets hitting him doesn't need to wear a baseball cap to get around.

:laugh:

Seriously, though. Pilots are meant to draw people in to the show from the beginning. There was just something lacking in the first 2 episodes of Heroes, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think part of it is how they follow the story lines of a lot of people in one hour which segments all of the individual stories to a very short length and makes it seem like you aren't getting anywhere with many of these story lines. I assume it won't be that way much longer since the main characters are starting to meet each other.

I think you have a point there. I also think the problem is that the pilot was filmed as a two hour pilot, but was later broken into two one-hour episodes, spaced out over a week.

As far as giving a little bit of each character, I think it works, because as you say, the characters are starting to meet, and eventually they will all band together, so that won't happen anymore. I don't think it would have worked if they dedicated each show to only one or two characters, because you'd lose the feeling that everything was happening at the same time. I guess they had to choose the lesser evil, and I think they did ok.

I think they are doing very well on this show, first ep i was just ehh about it then the second and third episode was just so awesome, then it gets better and better. I find myself in as much anticipation for the next episode as I am with 24 when their episodes end.