Neowin.net Xbox Community Leaderboards

oh ok, i got what you mean now, thanks to Slane for shedding more light on it. for me it's ok, i'm certainly missing MGC, but i guess TA is what we have so we need to support it.

so Toast, how do you like your free copy of Driver so far? how long can you hold onto games anyway?

My Xbox account got hacked into last month so I had to close my Live account. Had a couple hundred dollars run up on my checking account - fortunately, everything got investigated/refunded and MS gave me 12 months of Live. Still sucks. Had to create a completely new GT and lost most of my friends. Stupid.

Anyhow, I just registered my new GT and all of its 5 point gamerscore with TA!

Damn that sucks having your account hacked dude.

Neo, why would you get FIFA on the ps3 that's a shocking call, I would have enjoyed beating your ass but now i can't :(

My Xbox account got hacked into last month so I had to close my Live account. Had a couple hundred dollars run up on my checking account - fortunately, everything got investigated/refunded and MS gave me 12 months of Live. Still sucks. Had to create a completely new GT and lost most of my friends. Stupid.

Anyhow, I just registered my new GT and all of its 5 point gamerscore with TA!

Same thing happened to me in early September. I had about $120 in charges, luckily MS is getting better with your customers and lending the helping hand. They gave me all the time I had purchased (plus extra). They couldn't give back my MS PTS (400) but luckily I got my year back! Sorry to hear that crap happened to you.

Well, I just lowered myself to playing Terminator Salvation. On the plus side, I'm closing in on 50,000 Gamerscore by doing so.

soloredd, sorry this happened - how did it happen BTW? it's not nice at all to lose all that familiar account feel, we're so attached to them!

Rob - honestly now i can't think of why i bought FIFA on the PS3...i must have felt bad that the 360 was getting most of the action or something heh heh.

Ferson - there's nothing wrong with Salvation, it's not like King Kong or Avatar, it's leaderboard approved game and totally legit. takes a while to get the full 1K because hard mode is hard. speaking of which, congrats on clocking Gears 3 on insane Delta! well done.

Ferson - there's nothing wrong with Salvation, it's not like King Kong or Avatar, it's leaderboard approved game and totally legit. takes a while to get the full 1K because hard mode is hard. speaking of which, congrats on clocking Gears 3 on insane Delta! well done.

I didn't play either of those. :shifty:

So far I'm finding it challenging, but surprisingly enjoyable for an achievement game. I still have to finish CSI: Hard Evidence but I don't know if I can pluck up the motivation to actually put it in the console and survive it. It's point and click and point and click and point and... well, that's all there is to it.

.Ferson - there's nothing wrong with Salvation, it's not like King Kong or Avatar, it's leaderboard approved game and totally legit. takes a while to get the full 1K because hard mode is hard. speaking of which, congrats on clocking Gears 3 on insane Delta! well done.

Hard isn't to hard and you can always rush through on normal then do the profile switch trick and get the hard ones.

Hard isn't to hard and you can always rush through on normal then do the profile switch trick and get the hard ones.

I won't do the profile switch trick because I think that'll take a lot of the fun out of achieving. Sure, it'd save me a lot of time but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much. Admittedly glitches and bugs can help with some achievements that are simply dire but I wouldn't use a glitch to get every achievement in a game. I did see a few in-game exploits that unlock achievements though - Just Cause is a good example of one I had no problem doing.

trust Slane to find a shortcut in a game like Terminator Salvation! that kid, i tell you! do it the proper way Ferson, it's a fun game and actually looks good. i enjoyed playing it.

I just finished Salvation. The final two levels were really short! I was expecting the levels to get longer as they went along, but there were only a few levels in the entire game that took more than half an hour. It's hard, but not overly so. I'm sure it would have felt like cheating to finish it on Easy, when Hard was as straightforward as I found it. :p

soloredd, sorry this happened - how did it happen BTW? it's not nice at all to lose all that familiar account feel, we're so attached to them!

I wish I knew. Had the urge to play some Bad Company 2 and turned on my 360. I have the auto-sign in On but it just sat at the local dash. Clicked my gt and it said "could not verify account" or something similar. I get my Mac and go to Xbox.com and when I sign in I have a strange gt - now I'm kind of shocked. Go back to the Xbox and try to recover my GT and it said "could not verify account details" or something to that effect. Go back to the website and try everything they suggest in terms of recovering a gt but to no avail. Finally, decide to call them up and the CS rep ran me through a series of questions. While she's doing some stuff on her end I log in to my bank and note that 3 charges were made in the last 24 hours. Now I'm pretty irritated but kept my cool and the rep helped me out.

She disabled the other account and had me file two claims - one for the refund and one for the wrongful use of account. I then drove over to my bank and had them cancel the debit card and go through all those hoops. It sucked but I have to say the process was pretty streamlined. MS did tell me that they will disclose their investigation findings but I haven't received anything other than an email with 4 months of Live (which I had already paid for anyway, I was due to re-up in Dec.) and another email saying my Live ID for my now defunct gt had been reset. Just decided to create a brand new account and am now using Points cards and Live cards. I would love to know what happened - the only thing I can think of is that something on Microsoft's end was vulnerable. My 360 is hardwired via ethernet so no wireless to snoop. Just bizarre and frustrating.

Anyway...any of you up on FO:New Vegas? Now that it's $20 on Amazon I'd like to get it (I love FO3) but I've read about just nasty bugs, some game breaking. Has most of these issues been patched up? And will there be a GOTY edition, do you think? For some reason I don't remember NV getting the same praise that FO3 did but I could be wrong.

thanks for sharing. yes, this sounds like someone from inside XBL did this or their info was accessed. so they did offer you the chance to regain the account with all the gamerscore and history intact? why didn't you do that?

As for Fallout: New Vegas, i keep forgetting to get back into that and finish it...i can attest that for the main game the glitches were fixed in a patch. can't say for any of the DLC, though.

All I am waiting for the 360 is need for speed the run, since it's powered by frostbite 2.0 and I love the nfs series...

Keep an eye on the Game Marketplace. I can't remember the date, but I believe there's a demo coming sometime soon. It might be the 18th or so, but I do remember reading it.

Keep an eye on the Game Marketplace. I can't remember the date, but I believe there's a demo coming sometime soon. It might be the 18th or so, but I do remember reading it.

Yes that would be the 18th. It finally seems that nfs is atleast trying to get back to those underground/most wanted days, since hot pursuit was a bit over the top for me...

Yes that would be the 18th. It finally seems that nfs is atleast trying to get back to those underground/most wanted days, since hot pursuit was a bit over the top for me...

I'd like it to go back to the days of Hot Pursuit 2. That game was so much fun. If they could even recreate it in HD with all the older cars (E39 M5, Mercedes CL600, etc.), I'd be overjoyed. Retain the old soundtrack and they'd have my day one purchase right there. If they can bring it back to Underground or Most Wanted then they're making a good start on going back to Hot Pursuit. :p

thanks for sharing. yes, this sounds like someone from inside XBL did this or their info was accessed. so they did offer you the chance to regain the account with all the gamerscore and history intact? why didn't you do that?

As for Fallout: New Vegas, i keep forgetting to get back into that and finish it...i can attest that for the main game the glitches were fixed in a patch. can't say for any of the DLC, though.

1) It was a 14-day wait until they cleared the account so I decided to just forego that gt and create a brand new one. Plus, I was unsure of what kind of information was obtained as far as my CC info and stuff. With the new gt none of my information is in there and its a brand new email address. Just figured it was safer.

2) Thanks for the info on NV. Probably will see if I can find a cheap copy somewhere, would really like to play it.

I'd like it to go back to the days of Hot Pursuit 2. That game was so much fun. If they could even recreate it in HD with all the older cars (E39 M5, Mercedes CL600, etc.), I'd be overjoyed. Retain the old soundtrack and they'd have my day one purchase right there. If they can bring it back to Underground or Most Wanted then they're making a good start on going back to Hot Pursuit. :p

+1, I will be overjoyed if EA announces an Underground 3 or Most Wanted 2...

welcome to the leaderboard Scraggles! how many points do you bring us and what are you playing now? add it to your sig, why don't you!

soloredd - honestly i would have waited those two weeks and reclaimed my profile...it's just 14 days, so not a huge deal. wonder why they impose a two week wait, though, if they can confirm your identity 72 hours should be more than enough. as for payment, this is why you should always have a visa/MC debit card handy that never has more than a couple hundred dollars in the account, just for online transactions. that really does reduce the threat.