Yankees pitcher Corey Lidle killed in crash

I hope everybody is okay in the Apartment building. I know that they've counted two people dead as of right now. I hope somebody caught footage of the actual incident. Just to see what actually happened.

unconfirmed report that the pilot was a member of the New York Yankee organization... first year player.. first name Corey... looking for some reliable source

edit... confirmation from Foxnews

Corey Lidle is the name of the person who the plane is registered to... whether he was the pilot at the time is still not confirmed

unconfirmed report that the pilot was a member of the New York Yankee organization... first year player.. first name Corey... looking for some reliable source

Plane was registered to Corey Lidle. Man, I really hope he wasn't onboard.

October 11, 2006

five years and exactly one month after...

could it be a reminder to what happened? to keep fear of the people and maintain polictical power? nah... that could never happen, not our government.

btw, this vehicial took off right infront of my school, our school is located right infront of the airport. scary. two years ago, a plane from Teterboro airport crashed right next to our building.

oh yeah forgot to mention, i was waiting for an event like this to happen as election time comes around...maybe concidence, but it didnt come as a shock to me.

i heard only two people got killed. hopefully no more. anyone know if this was a passenger plane?

EDIT:

" They found Cory Lidle's passport on the ground outside of the highrise... so he most likely died in it. "

My @$$ they found that passport right outside. A almost weightless paper object ALWAYS manages to fly right outside the airplane traveling hundreds of mile an hour, avoids the collision, escapes the engluging flame that kills so many, yet the passport of a very important person manages to survive. we should tell homeland security to make the whole plane out of the 'special' paper. Anyone remember the claim that they found the alleged terrorists passport outside of twintowers, unscratched and unharmed? while his name wasnt even on the boarding list...

Edited by statix1

October 11, 2006

five years and exactly one month after...

could it be a reminder to what happened? to keep fear of the people and maintain polictical power? nah... that could never happen, not our government.

btw, this vehicial took off right infront of my school, our school is located right infront of the airport. scary. two years ago, a plane from Teterboro airport crashed right next to our building.

NO damnit! I hate how these people keep turning everything into controversies!! This is why CNN has such good ratings because they blow every story out of frigging proportion and spend days repeating the same crap and speculating. If this were a terrorist action, it would have targetted much more than a condominium building killing only two people. No terrorist is going to commit suicide over two people, use you common sense.

Oh get the heck out of here with your insane conspiracies. This is nothing but an inexperienced pilot tragically losing control of his craft. Then again, I'm sure the government works closely with the Yankees to sacrifice pitching for election outcomes :rolleyes:

calm down. Neowinians rofl.

sry, when i noticed 3 pages of nothing, i couldnt resist to post a conpiracy.

sorry for the pilot though. happened right near me. the passport thing is still....meh not worth posting here lol.

Sorry to go off topic, but was Corey Lidle a core Yankee player?

R.I.P.

5th starter/long arm out of the pen acquired at the trading deadline.

Lidle statements from Steinbrenner, Yankees

This is a terrible and shocking tragedy that has stunned the entire Yankees organization. I offer my deep condolences and prayers to his wife, Melanie, and son, Christopher, on their enormous loss.
I am deeply saddened by this tragic event and I ask everyone to keep Cory, his family and all those affected by this tragedy in your prayers.
This is a terrible shock. I was with Ron Guidry and Lee Mazzilli when I heard the news and we were just stunned. Cory's time with the Yankees was short, but he was a good teammate and a great competitor. My heart goes out to his family.
I am shocked by this devastating news. Spending the last few months as Cory's teammate, I came to know him as a great man. While he was known as a baseball player, he was, more importantly, a husband and father and, at a time like this, I want to share my deepest sympathies with his wife Melanie, his son Christopher and all those who know and loved him.

Very sad news intend. May God be with Cory's family and friends during this time :(