The Dark Knight

I lvoed he previous Batman and can't wait for this one. When will... this be coming out?

Also.. Batman is the best adaption afterthe last movie. Before that movie came out it was probably Superman or Spiderfman.

I can't believe Aaron Eckhart was casted for this movie. That guy is by far the worst actor I have ever seen. He was terrible in The Core, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Suspect zero. I'll admit he was pretty funny in Frasier, for the 2 episodes he was on. But I really hope he steps it up for The Dark Knight. The cast doesn't look too promising, I just hope it's alot better than what I see happening.

I can't believe Aaron Eckhart was casted for this movie. That guy is by far the worst actor I have ever seen. He was terrible in The Core, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Suspect zero. I'll admit he was pretty funny in Frasier, for the 2 episodes he was on. But I really hope he steps it up for The Dark Knight. The cast doesn't look too promising, I just hope it's alot better than what I see happening.

He was awesome in Thank you for smoking, so if he shows up anything like and with that stye Harvey Dent will be perfect.

Woah, I absolutely LOVED Batman Begins. Still one of the best movies ever in my humble opinion...

Didn't even know there was going to be a sequel. Will Christian Bale still be playing Bruce Wayne?

I agree 100%! It's high time we had creative REAL comic book fans making these movies. Look at the Spiderman films. Sam Raimi was already one of my favorite director and now he's as high on my respect level as they get.

I hope the next Batman movie continues to brings the Dark Knight back and does not just run him through the ringer as most sequals do.

I hope Bale replays his role, however I think, an I am sure this was intentional, he played a far too immature Bruce. But I guess that may have been Bruce before he became the Batman..... *shrug*

Cheers!

I don't think it matters who is playing who, in the end it will be good as long as they do it like the 1st, same director so hopefully it will be good but i think scientology chick isnt steppin up to the plate..

btw batman begins = ****ing awesome and bale as batman rules I love his attitude, about time we had a more rated r batman then the g rated before lol

Tell me if you guys agree with me on this.

I love the first one, but for some reason it lacks any comic book feel to it. The movie feels too "real". The 1989 version was dark, had a comic book feel to it, but it was corny & really PG rated.

Tell me if you guys agree with me on this.

I love the first one, but for some reason it lacks any comic book feel to it. The movie feels too "real". The 1989 version was dark, had a comic book feel to it, but it was corny & really PG rated.

It sounds like you have it all backwards lol. IMO Tim Burtons Batman was quite far from the Comic books, and much to real. Where's Batman Begins is much more in it's own world. I geuss it's just how you see it. Story wise Batman Begins is much more true to the comics.

When will... this be coming out?

I think it's 18th July 08

I think all you need to read the "Dark Knight" comic book before comment about Batman movies.

Batman begins is the first movie, now we will have a great history and ambience.

Nolan will rock again, just wait and see.

^^It's probably just a photoshop job, as no pictures have been released of the film.

I think all you need to read the "Dark Knight" comic book before comment about Batman movies.

Batman begins is the first movie, now we will have a great history and ambience.

Yea i agree, Nolan also said that he will be using Alan Moores comic The Killing Joke (which is about the origin of the Joker) as inspiration for the story, as well as looking at some of the older comics.

Edited by acies

Is the Dark Knight series the one done by Miller? If so that is hardly indicative of what batman is supposed to be like, as Batman is old, robin is a girl and he tries to kill superman.

Hollywood :rolleyes:

A sequel to a prequel :rolleyes:

Gotta flog it, dont they...

What does that even mean?

Batman Begins isn't a prequel to anything. It's a complete reboot to the franchise. You want to talk about flogging the Batman franchise, talk to Joel "nipples on the batsuit" Schumacher. He's the one that beat the series into the ground. Although if it weren't for him, Nolan may never have decided to do the reboot.

Batman Begins isn't a prequel to anything. It's a complete reboot to the franchise

Was batman begins not set before the original batman??

Personally i thought it was the best of all the movies but...hmmm...im afraid they will wear out the fun of it....

Is the Dark Knight series the one done by Miller? If so that is hardly indicative of what batman is supposed to be like, as Batman is old, robin is a girl and he tries to kill superman.

One of Batman's monikers is "The Dark Knight". I'm pretty sure that was the case even before Miller wrote "The Dark Knight Returns". While the storyline isn't considered "canon", his take on Batman pretty much set the tone for all future Batman stories.

This movie isn't going to be based on Miller's work, it's just using the "Dark Knight" name.

Personally i thought it was the best of all the movies but...hmmm...im afraid they will wear out the fun of it....

Burton's Batman and Nolan's Batman Begins don't take place in the same "universe". In the continuity of Batman Begins, the events of Batman will never happen.

It's like saying that Batman Begins takes place before the events of the campy 60's TV series.

This is a completely new story.

One of Batman's monikers is "The Dark Knight". I'm pretty sure that was the case even before Miller wrote "The Dark Knight Returns". While the storyline isn't considered "canon", his take on Batman pretty much set the tone for all future Batman stories.

This movie isn't going to be based on Miller's work, it's just using the "Dark Knight" name.

Burton's Batman and Nolan's Batman Begins don't take place in the same "universe". In the continuity of Batman Begins, the events of Batman will never happen.

It's like saying that Batman Begins takes place before the events of the campy 60's TV series.

This is a completely new story.

I completely realize what you said in your post. My post was saying that, assuming the first poster quoted was talking about the miller series it was hardly indicative of what batman is all about. I was meaning that one should read hte Miller comics before talking about the movies. That aside I am not a big batman comic fan, although I did enjoy the burton movies and loved nolans take on the series.

It sounds like you have it all backwards lol. IMO Tim Burtons Batman was quite far from the Comic books, and much to real. Where's Batman Begins is much more in it's own world. I geuss it's just how you see it. Story wise Batman Begins is much more true to the comics.

I think it's 18th July 08

I didn't like Burtons Batmam, but for one exception: Catwoman! :heart:

Just in case of confusion: Frank Millers book was called The Dark Knight Returns, the new movie will be called The Dark Knight, they won't be the same. ;)

if you watch both Batman Begins and Butons Batman, you'll see that the story is quite different and wouldn't work if it was a prequal. For one thing Batman can actually fight in batmanbegins :yes:

Hey

i loved batman begins, but nobody, I mean nobody can replace Jack as the Joker

"Seem like i got a bat in my belfry"

Jack Nicholson AKA The Joker

Just in case of confusion: Frank Millers book was called The Dark Knight Returns, the new movie will be called The Dark Knight, they won't be the same. ;)

if you watch both Batman Begins and Butons Batman, you'll see that the story is quite different and wouldn't work if it was a prequal. For one thing Batman can actually fight in batmanbegins :yes:

And turn his neck!!

Hey

i loved batman begins, but nobody, I mean nobody can replace Jack as the Joker

"Seem like i got a bat in my belfry"

Jack Nicholson AKA The Joker

I think you need to look at it from a different point of view. If Nolan is to be believed (and considering his track record I think you can believe him) the "joker" in the new films will be vastly different from the one Jack played in the older series. So you really can't look at it as someone trying to emulate his work as joker.

Also as others have said, this is a completely different series from the Tim Burton film. In this series those films never happened, and I definitely prefer Batman Begins to the original Batman film.