Xvid and Divx playback coming to dashboard?

hmm, I'm still on RC1 at home. Will have to install a build from the RTM branch to try it out :p

YOU SWINE!!!

Well apparently the "feature" that stopped T360 from working with RC2 has been changed to get it working again (nice of them) for RTM. The problem was that the extender used to poll the file it was playing to see if the size had changed but they stopped that from happening.

As far as i remember to get it running you just need to make sure that T360 has admin privileges and that's it.

Would be nice to hear how you get on. :D

This is the one thing that I don't like about my 360. Hell I just wish they'd improve media center a little bit to allow transcode360 to hook directly in to the menu so I don't have to go to more->transcode :/

*Media Center 2005 is really slow on the xbox. It takes forever to load thumbnails and there is no way to turn it off.

It can be turned off, just uninstall the DIVX and XVID codecs and install FFdshow.

Have tryed this myself and the thumbnails are gone, so you have faster browsing through your files.

Actually the only thing you need is FFdshow, AC3 Filter & OGG Video directshow filter. Maybe Real/Quicktime Alternative if you want.

I would't recommend Codec Packs with lots and lots of codes in them that people don't even use.

They may work ok on the pc, but when using in combination with T360 i would't use them.

Edited by kawasabi

I finally got around to installing T360 and dammit, what an awesome piece of software! My fiance just recently bought a PC with MCE on it so I figured I'd see what it was all about...and now she won't let go of the 360 since she can watch all her recorded shows. Hell...

Oh well. Definitely recommended, I'll be sending a contribution to the author. And I agree with the rest of the people here, MS should figure out a way to get streaming videos to the 360 for anybody. There are many legal uses for xvid/Divx, althought I can see the other argument too. I think it will eventually happen though.

I finally got around to installing T360 and dammit, what an awesome piece of software! My fiance just recently bought a PC with MCE on it so I figured I'd see what it was all about...and now she won't let go of the 360 since she can watch all her recorded shows. Hell...

Oh well. Definitely recommended, I'll be sending a contribution to the author. And I agree with the rest of the people here, MS should figure out a way to get streaming videos to the 360 for anybody. There are many legal uses for xvid/Divx, althought I can see the other argument too. I think it will eventually happen though.

yup... ive been using transcode 360 but recently I have had trouble with encoding and streaming over wireless and it seems to just stop while playing on my 360... going to try using VLC360 to see if it uses less resources while transcoding.... for now I have just been encoding to wmv first... takes a long time but i dont have to worry about it pausing...