The 10th Dimension Explained!

whoaaaa, that was intense. my brain hurts a bit...how can i be just one possible outcome in a infinite set of an infinite number of infinite possiblities, i think, though i could just be one single point in the 10th dimension. ok enough of this

So in the end we're just part of a big black dot called 10th Dimension :p

It is interesting how they represent everything that exists with a dot.

I wonder what happens when you bend the 10 dimension.

Did they talk about that because to be honest i got lost when they started talking about the ant disappearing in the third dimension. haha

Kinda makes sense thou, when you think about it...

I like the way they explained it.. Sorta in the style of Hitchhikers Guide to the Gallaxy...

"Don't Panic"

Really nice and easy to understand explanation of string theory :)

"Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I do not doubt that the lion belongs to it even though he cannot at once reveal himself because of his enormous size" - Albert Einstein

From my understanding, 6 of the other dimensions are too tiny for us to observe. We can only really observe 4 dimensions. Length, width, depth, and time.

Hmm, after watching that it sounds like if you could some how go back in time and kill your younger self you'd still be alive when you went back since those events would just cause a different timeline to be created in the 6th dimension.

Would we be able to see 2-dimensional flat landers? :p

Interesting stuff.

i think so yes, but we would look 2d to them, one of our dimensions would be lost in order for them to see us. we are three dimentional beings and in the fourth dimention. similarly we view the 4d world as a single point in the 4d time "line" continously moving forward at a constant speed. to us we can not "see" the fourth dimention but we do experience it. just like the flat landers can experience our 3d world, even though they cant really see it (the folded paper idea in the video). another form that is interesting to think about is the Klein Bottle. it has only one surface. that is, if you were standing on it's surface and walked in any direction, you would never meet an edge. also the object is not closed, meaning a solid sphere could not be considered the same form because in reality a sphere has an inside. we can make klein bottle's in our 3d world, but the 4th dimention is lost so it ends up having two surfaces, but if you were to imagine the place were the two parts of the bottle intersect as not being an interestion, the 4th dimention would allow you to walk through this point. very cool stuff!

bigwithpencil.jpg

Would we be able to see 2-dimensional flat landers? :p

Interesting stuff.

Considering everything on your computer screen is in a 2 dimensional format yes. I own the book and the site is quite old.