Windows Server 2003 - 5.2.3790

Windows Server R2

Windows Server 2003 SP1 - 1421

Windows Vista - 6.0.5270

Windows 64bit Family

Windows XP 64bit - 1289

Windows Server 2003 SP1 64bit - 1421

Windows Longhorn 64bit - 6.0.5270

Not exactly round numbers. We'll probably see something rounded up to the nearest 10. So something like 5870.

It's not "you people", it's only a couple of people that have been bitching about this and Vista in general. It's just that the bitchy ones are very vocal and just don't stop. They post repeatedly in any thread remotely about Vista. So it just seems like everyone at Neowhine is bitching about Vista and these fantasy themes. The ones that are happy with Vista continue to use it.

Where I come from the squeaky wheel gets thrown away.

Funny how you call it Neowhine and talk about other people complaining and whining, most of the recent posts I've seen you make is you mostly complaining and whining about something. You talk of Neowin like you hate it with a passion, yet here you are.

If people here bother you then ignore it and move on. Stop letting stuff you read on the INTERNET bug you. Nobody is forcing you to read others opinions and post. That's all your choice and your own fault

Will the Windows Vista Ultimate edition RTM on Nov 8

or is it just the Windows Vista Business & Windows Vista Enterprise Editon ?

I am hoping I can get to use the OCUR with Media Center.

Will the Windows Vista Ultimate edition RTM on Nov 8

or is it just the Windows Vista Business & Windows Vista Enterprise Editon ?

the whole vista family....

BTW, we're nighboors, I'm from hillsboro :)

since forever?

I'll ask again: when has MS ever used the build number as part of their marketing strategy? The answer: never. Consumers don't even know what the build number is. Most of the people here on Neowin don't even understand it. It's called Windows Vista. That's the name on the box. Not Windows Vista 5840. You didn't see any commercials for XP that said: "Imaging the possibilities with Windows XP 2600!" The build number, from a marketing standpoint, is meaningless.

I'll ask again: when has MS ever used the build number as part of their marketing strategy? The answer: never. Consumers don't even know what the build number is. Most of the people here on Neowin don't even understand it. It's called Windows Vista. That's the name on the box. Not Windows Vista 5840. You didn't see any commercials for XP that said: "Imaging the possibilities with Windows XP 2600!" The build number, from a marketing standpoint, is meaningless.

thug amen to that :yes:

New wallpaper eh? We finally better get our hands on the famous Longhorn Cherry Blossom Tree. I still want it. =P

Good news though.

I hope we get some more high res. ones. and the ones that arnt high res or widescreen i hope theres an option for them to be wide screen...

I've found out that the source of Mr. Allchin's concerns was an unexpectedly buggy pre-RTM build of Windows Vista that surprised the company. The previous Friday, Microsoft pushed Windows Vista build 5824 into escrow, hoping that this build could qualify as the final shipping version. But a catastrophic problem with the build destroyed any systems that upgraded from Windows XP, requiring complete reinstalls. After a frantic several days of trying to find the bug, Microsoft finally fixed the problem last Friday and reset escrow. Microsoft on Friday internally released build 5840, which did not include the problem. Testing over the weekend produced positive feedback.

Man is he so full of ****.

I hope his source gets caught and fired (especially when so much of it is embellished, misconstrued, or just plain wrong).

Microsoft always rounded their build numbers... XP Final was not 2600 it was something finishing in xxx9 afaik, they just compiled it so that the build was an pair number!

I wouldnt surprise vista was 6000 but then again... that looks like too "rounded" for me. 5870 should be ok.

Man is he so full of ****.

I hope his source gets caught and fired (especially when so much of it is embellished, misconstrued, or just plain wrong).

maybe you've got a better source? :D

Is all the attention worth it? Iv tested all the major Releases and im not happy with the out come of Vista.

I hate things with to much features :angry: Vista has to many. I don't want features i want security and Productivity. And Seriously the Black is to much what are we Goths.

Im seriously Not Upgrading my Hardware for some overrated, Bloated, to much features Os.

I could Buy a Macbook for the amount id have to pay to upgrade my hardware + the Os its self.

Steve Jobs might not have any common sence. But atleast he doesn't have a Bald headed retard named steve ballmer :laugh: Remember PDC 2003 hahahaha what a retarded intro.