Neowin Shift PR8 (Member) Changelog

I can view the Green and Graphite themes in the Gamers and Software sections of Neowin, but when I try to select either theme for the Main Neowin page, it keeps going back to blue. I deleted all temp files etc... still nothing

I can view the Green and Graphite themes in the Gamers and Software sections of Neowin, but when I try to select either theme for the Main Neowin page, it keeps going back to blue. I deleted all temp files etc... still nothing

The same for me.

Same problem with the Theme's I select either Graphite or Green, and neither work.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7

Same problem with the Theme's I select either Graphite or Green, and neither work.

The theme selection bug should now be resolved, shout if you're still having problems (then post here so we know and can fix it :p )

I'm having a problem with the recent forum posts refresh and the other toggle 'buttons' where nothing happens when i press them. This only happens in Opera for me. can anyone help? I have tried clearing the cache and cookies.

I'm having a problem with the recent forum posts refresh and the other toggle 'buttons' where nothing happens when i press them. This only happens in Opera for me. can anyone help? I have tried clearing the cache and cookies.

I've had a few reports of this with Opera since the upgrade, and I'll be looking into it later on tonight. Could you please post which version of Opera you're using so I can try to reproduce the bug.

The theme selection bug should now be resolved, shout if you're still having problems (then post here so we know and can fix it :p )

Works fine for me now (Y).

Graphite is a sexeh theme :).

I've had a few reports of this with Opera since the upgrade, and I'll be looking into it later on tonight. Could you please post which version of Opera you're using so I can try to reproduce the bug.

yeah i'm using 9.02 build 8585. thanks for looking into it.

Still not working for me?!? Am I doing something wrong :cry: :rofl:

May I post a feedback about the new pages?

I believe you are improving the website with a very concise and clear and constenst (sp?) layout but why force people different colour theme when reading news. I was just reading the article about VLC (software) and was faced with a green theme when my favoured setted option is Blue. This is not constenst as you are forcing people different colours, hence confusing whether their favourite theme has been changed. It's best to have EVERY page match the same colour as the prefered theme.

Thank you for reading my concerns. It's actually up to you. Keep up the excellent work :)

Sure we appreciate feedback.

Up until we upgraded our site with the Shift theme we had 3.9 (what you see in the forums) andf the default colours were always Blue for main news, Green for software news and Grey for Gamers section.

Because it wasn't completed is the reason we didn't have extra colours, but now we're happy with the theme and we want to style those sections again.

You should be able to choose Blue throughout Neowin should you want to do that :)

Have you both tried clearing out any neowin related cookies? Theres a chance the old cookies are preventing it from working now.

Fixed, upgrading too the new Firefox made it work. :| Hohum, still sticking with the default Blue theme though. ;) Nice work.

I was having the 'colour change' problem, but after a shut down of IE, and a cookie clearing, it was fixed.

NOW however are two small issues ... as outlined in this photo

neomainyu1.th.jpg

1 - the small oval is the RSS Feed, I can only see one part

2 - the announcement refuses to go away. If I close it, and refresh, it comes back ... and always maximized.

Other then that, I can't wait for the Red theme to come back :D

1 - the small oval is the RSS Feed, I can only see one part

2 - the announcement refuses to go away. If I close it, and refresh, it comes back ... and always maximized.

Other then that, I can't wait for the Red theme to come back :D

1) I believe Rob is looking into this, it's due to one of the lines in the box wrapping, and thus pushing all the content down.

2) You currently can't close the announcement and have it remembered, as we have an 'override' for this, to ensure everyone sees announcements when they get added (they'd miss them if they had it closed) This will expire on the 30th Oct for this one. You should however be able to 'roll-up' the announcement, by pressing the white arrow to the right of the cross, and this preference should be remembered.

1) I believe Rob is looking into this, it's due to one of the lines in the box wrapping, and thus pushing all the content down.

2) You currently can't close the announcement and have it remembered, as we have an 'override' for this, to ensure everyone sees announcements when they get added (they'd miss them if they had it closed) This will expire on the 30th Oct for this one. You should however be able to 'roll-up' the announcement, by pressing the white arrow to the right of the cross, and this preference should be remembered.

Dave, no one else may, but you sure have a legg to stand on ... :rofl: thanks for the fast reply... and your right, minimizing it DOES 'fix' the problem, sort of.

Can you tell me two more things?

When will Shift have a red theme ... and when will Shift come on to the wonderful boards?

:D Kiddin' cuz I know you can't 'tell all'

Hehe nice try but sorry, you're right, we can't say. We are working on it though.

As for the RSS logo being pushed down, that's fixed on our development site.

Edited by Rob

Rob I'll give you $50 if you give me insider information *L* j/k j/k don't warn me plz *L* :rofl: