Windows Desktop Seach 3.0 RTW

Windows Desktop Search 3.0 is the technology which enables instant search on your computer. It helps you to find, preview, and use your documents, e-mail, music, photos, and other items. The search engine in Windows Desktop Search 3.0 is a Windows service that is also used by applications such as Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and OneNote 2007 to index application content and deliver instant results when searching within that application. Windows Desktop Search 3.0 provides fast indexing, improved performance, and improved file type support.

If you choose to install and use Windows Desktop Search, you can search for e-mail, documents and other files located on your computer. No information about the files on your computer will be sent to Microsoft as part of this process. Instead, Windows Desktop Search will index the content of your computer and store the index file on your computer. You can customize Windows Desktop Search to index only specified folders on your computer. Windows Desktop search will not store copies of e-mail or documents after they are deleted. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Download

edit: how did i beat Brandon? :p

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page.

Not on the servers yet? :(

Bah,

Why didn?t my machine complete validation?

Your validation may not have succeeded due to the following Internet connection issue.

The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool requires Internet access and is unable to communicate with the Microsoft validation servers.

Bah,

Why didn?t my machine complete validation?

Your validation may not have succeeded due to the following Internet connection issue.

The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool requires Internet access and is unable to communicate with the Microsoft validation servers.

Just keep trying it. It would do that to me all the time and still does it every once in a while. I'm glad it doesn't do it as much as it used to. I pretty much couldn't use anything related to WGA and I'm genuine. It got more than annoying.

Just keep trying it. It would do that to me all the time and still does it every once in a while. I'm glad it doesn't do it as much as it used to. I pretty much couldn't use anything related to WGA and I'm genuine. It got more than annoying.

Validation problems here also. Third try worked. Maybe a problem with their servers...

WDS used to replace search ui in explorer . missing now? and is there a way to vertically center desk bar

wdssearchfq0.png

like the address bar on the left

Edited by guru

WDS used to replace search ui in explorer . missing now? and is there a way to vertically center desk bar

wdssearchfq0.png

like the address bar on the left

That's always annoyed me in the earlier versions, I haven't found a fix.

WDS used to replace search ui in explorer . missing now?

Should still be there... When you go to Start -> Search does the WDS search pane not show up?

And yeah the deskbar centering thing has always really annoyed me... unfortunately it was too far down the list of priorities. We do want to fix it though.

"Windows Desktop Search 3.0 could not be installed in this system." :blink:

Brandon, I'm going to PM you the contents of the log file, could you take a look please?

it doesn't for me. i get the regular search ui in explorer

Can you check the registry key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Desktop Search\DS\ShowStartSearchBand (should be = 1)

Had you run any of the WDS 3.0 betas previously?