Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Officially Launched!

it's nice. a lot faster! :D

but is there a way to make all the tabs visible (i don't care if they're smaller) instead of having to click on the arrow?

I recently tried Firefox 2 RC and missed the ability to open mutliple tabs (as many as I want) in a single window as seen in Firefox 1.5. I usually open 15-20 tabs at a time in Firefox and now they scroll to the side.

In Firefox 2, the if you open more tabs, the tabs have a fixed minimum width, such that further tabs scroll over on either side. There are arrows on the left and right side of the tab strip that let you scroll back and forth between their tabs. It is good in a way as you can easily see the tab titles and their close tab buttons. But I like all my tabs visible in one window with no scroll.

browser.tabs.tabMinWidth is the firefox configuration value that determines the narrowest a tab can become before the tab strip becomes scrollable to handle the overflow. You can select any positive integer value of pixels. The default value is 100.

Here is how to disable tabs scrolling

- Enter ?about:config? in the url bar and go

- Scroll down to browser.tabs.tabMinWidth

- The default set value for this is 100.

- Double click on it, and change the value to ?0″ to disable tab scrolling totally

- Select a low value like 10 if you want scrolling when tabs get real small like 10px

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/20...g-in-firefox-2/

venezian: I heard that you need a addon called Tab Mix Plus

Anyway, as I am trying to shift from Maxthon to FF, I will like to ask, don't FF have like Maxthon's Ads Blocker? Disabling all the advertisements or something?

-oh i think i found an add-on to do it-

Edited by bryan09

i think i'm blind, but how the hell do you move the tabs to the bottom of the window.. it's bothering me.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Move_the_tabbar_(Firefox) BTW, it says that it doesn't work with FF 2.0, but I tried it and it worked for me.
venezian: I heard that you need a addon called Tab Mix Plus

Anyway, as I am trying to shift from Maxthon to FF, I will like to ask, don't FF have like Maxthon's Ads Blocker? Disabling all the advertisements or something?

-oh i think i found an add-on to do it-

I assume you found the Adblock Plus extension, right? If that's what you are using, you should also get the Filterset.G extension, which keeps an automatically updating list of sites and banner ad generators that should be blocked.

• 2 weeks later...
For the people who want to integrate Firefox 2.0 Final into their Windows install CD here is the addon for nLite:

Download Firefox 2.0 Addon

Integrate it as hotfix with nLite and next time you install Win you will have this little baby since the first boot of your OS ;)

Thanks for the link, it was very useful. :D