Windows Vista Build 5840 Screenshots

:bounce: I just installed windows vista build 5840 last night and there are no new icons, wallpaper, or the very anxiously awaited Motion Desktop. Besides all this, there is increased stability and performance compared to build 5744. And yes, the watermark is completely gone! Here are some screenshots...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Edited by Vishnu Sethus

and you said -no new walpaper-- is that a personal one or a "new" one?

No, this wallpaper is just one i found on the internet.

The new icons are in 5480.16839

Do you have a source for your claim that all the new stuff is in 5840.16839?

No, this wallpaper is just one i found on the internet.

Do you have a source for your claim that all the new stuff is in 5840.16839?

Read the post in the TechBeta newsgroups. And, no, there is no indication that 'all' of the stuff is in that compile.

Can you please post a picture of the Start Menu (with ALL programs listed)? And, is the Windows Update/Movie Maker/Contacts icon in the Start Menu updated?

"Motion Desktop" will never be a part of any Vista build.

Brandon do you mean that "Motion Desktop" doesn't exist or that it has a different name?

"Motion Desktop" will never be a part of any Vista build.

I'm sitting here getting more and more amused Brandon.

You're digging yourself quite the hole here.

Dave Vronay has made it clear that a working animated desktop will be available, but the timeframe is the question.

As I said you really should stop off and say hi to Brendan. Looking at what the shell team and what the ultimate extras team are up to just might surprise you.

Why in those screenshots is aero not bluring the windows properly and only using a solid colour for the background of the windows? The screenshot with the About Internet Explorer 7 dialoge box is a good example of it.

Why in those screenshots is aero not bluring the windows properly and only using a solid colour for the background of the windows? The screenshot with the About Internet Explorer 7 dialoge box is a good example of it.

Because they disabled Aero transparencies.

Can you please post a picture of the Start Menu (with ALL programs listed)? And, is the Windows Update/Movie Maker/Contacts icon in the Start Menu updated?

there is a "movie maker icon" already in vista, its just when they are gonna update the acutal program's icon

Ya it is going to be a part of vista but it is being really secretly underwraps. Probably won't be out until RTM.

It won't be out till January 2007 (or when released to the public) and will be a Vista Ultimate Extra feature.

Microsoft already stated that more or less in one of the Vista blogs.

Ah, thanks for the addition of the start menu>all programs. How about the "previous versions" tab in file properties...updated icon? :-P

the clasic start menu properties STILL has the 9x start menu icon in it along with the xp recyle bin icon....

I hope they update all 3 above....

No new UI change? what about the unification of the taskbar, look, the tray icons have the same background than the minimized windows.

the nicest thing in these screenies have to be the wallpaper... am I the only one to actually LIKE their new wallpapers? I mean.. I have some nice ones on my Mac too, but I am starting to prefer those in Vista. Anyway, I never use the default wallpapers in anything. It's just a little plus, but still quite important.