[Review] MacBook Pro C2D 2.33GHz

Extremely jealous now.

That's the exact model i want, even down to the damn mouse!

Insane.

How much did it set you back in total? And how can you afford that puppy whilst at uni if you don't mind me asking?

With applecare, mouse, case about ?1500. Im not at Uni yet, at college, but it will be serving the same purpose since i take this to college to do movie and audio editing.

Apple NUS Site - http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/Uk...mp;family=iBook

Only run CS, but sadly it is slow, just because its not univeral yet, but CS3 will be and i can see it flying. I really dont use Photoshop much, not a fan, i only really use Aperture. It combines everything i want from a lovely library function, RAW handling, advanced tweaking, exporting, meta stuff, all that raw elements of digital photography.

It renders effects very nicely, sadly since i updated to iMovie 6, im finding it hard to find my plug ins to work with iMovie 6 (the naughty way), stuff like green screen, split screen, text, layer plug ins i cant use at the moment :(

Obviously 15" restricts you, so im going to be investing into a 20" external monitor (most likely a dell 2007 or something), since i use it as my main desktop.

Edited by saxondale.

yea please. :)

i need some source, anyways, to get benchmarks or experience-reports on how the mbp performs with games under windows, like hl2, doom3, farcry and stuff.

Woah michael i like it im really tempted its between a 20" iMac or the lower model 15" MacBook Pro i really don't know which i want to save for. Seen s though you have a 17" could you possibly like give me a iMac vs MacBook Pro kinda thing pretty please.

I feel like they are the same size for some reason! the 15" is much bigger than what i though it would be :s it really seems to be nearly the same length. Im getting an external monitor for it in the near future, 20" dell i think. 15" is a perfect size for portability and desktop use :)

It might be an extra cost, but consider getting the MBP and an external monitor, and enjoy both worlds - portablilty and desktop use

Hmm true not thought it of that just i could get teh 20" iMac and wireless mouse and keyboard for ?1100 and still the macbook pro lower model is more expensive than that.

Uneven backlight - Its the viewing angle, the lights are fine, but this is what people are classing it as. Its the way you look at it, which makes the left or right side seem darker or lighter. Im hoping Apple will correct this problem.

Can you explain me what do you intend with that? I've ordered yesterday the 2,16 ghz model and I'm very afraid of receiving a poor display model. I've read everything over the internet about this issue but I don't understand if it is a defect of some laptop or if it is a defect of the entire line of MBP. Do you think that that white stripe is only a problem of the user's position? Or it is a problem of the display?

Thank you.

P.s. Sorry for my english that could be not perfect but I'm not english but italian.

Basically areas of the screen seem to be darker, its not because of backlight bleeding or anything like that, it just has horrible viewing angles. It seems like Apple use cheap LCDs im afriad.

Basically areas of the screen seem to be darker, its not because of backlight bleeding or anything like that, it just has horrible viewing angles. It seems like Apple use cheap LCDs im afriad.

So if you are positioned in the right angle you don't see any issue? But if you look the display in a non-centered way it looks bad.

Thank you, I remain hoping that my MBP arrives soon (and not bad... :no: )

Its not bad, what ever angle you look at it, some part of the screen is darker than others, its really not a bother. I have managed to get a perfect view of it by sitting quite a distance away from the screen, but im hoping to get an external monitor so i wont really notice it. Its really not a problem, and you might not even be able to tell...

Its not bad, what ever angle you look at it, some part of the screen is darker than others, its really not a bother. I have managed to get a perfect view of it by sitting quite a distance away from the screen, but im hoping to get an external monitor so i wont really notice it. Its really not a problem, and you might not even be able to tell...

You can't know how much I like to hear this. :D

It's an year that I'm waiting to buy a mac laptop and when I read about this issue I got mad... :huh:

Now I can only wait that it arrives.. :rolleyes:

Finally put on XP Home SP2 on my mac. I will install BF2 tonight and give you a performence run down

I will sort you guys out with more photos of it running XP

Aaand?? :)