here are the technical specs off http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/device.htm

Size and Weight
#

4.4 in. x 2.4 in. x 0.6 in. (h x w x d)
#

Weight: 5.6 ounces

Battery[2]
#

Music, up to 14 hours (wireless off), up to 13 hours (wireless on); pictures, up to 4 hours; video, up to 4 hours
#

Charge Time: 3 hours; 2 hours to 90%

Display
#

Size: 3.0 inches
#

Orientation: Vertical and Horizontal
#

Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels

Audio
#

Windows Media? Audio Standard (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate
#

MP3 (.mp3): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate
#

AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov): Up to 320 Kbps, Low Complexity (LC), up to 48-kHz sample rate

Pictures
#

JPEG (.jpg): All resolutions (desktop software will automatically convert to 640x480 at sync time)

Video
#

Windows Media Video (.wmv): Main Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 1.5 Mbps peak video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio; Simple Profile, CBR, up to 736 Kbps video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio.

Wireless
#

Connectivity: 802.11 b/g
#

Range: Up to 30 feet

Language
#

English

Any pictures of one next to the latest ipod? It looks more than a "tiny bit" bigger than an ipod.

found this from a google

http://www.jakeludington.com/zune/20061001..._comparison.htm

zune_ipod_sidebyside.jpg

I believe I heard somewhere that they're magnetic.

I'm quite tempted.. with a Media Center + Xbox 360 network.. an iPod/iTunes just doesn't play nicely.

There was a video a while back where a guy interviewed one of the project managers and it showed the magnetic headphones. It's a cool idea but the headphones will likely get replaced by a lot of people. .......

Thanks for the info guys (Y) I like the look of these a lot I think I will just have to get one lol :D

getting mine tomorrow morning! already got the software setup and ready.

any tips on (free) video conversion software? im gonna need to transcode (?) divx and mpg vids to wmv. ..i think?

thanks!

I'm a HUGE fan of music and I don't own a single mp3 player, so I'm thinking I might get either this or a Creative Vision:M or whatever the newest and best Creative player is now. I figure you can't go wrong either way, right? Can anyone give me pros and cons on each one? I've heard the Vision:M sounds better than an Ipod. Wonder what Zune will sound like compared to Creative's player?

the zune may be big but unlike the ipod the design makes it look ok that it is big, making it look good. this isnt the case with the ipod, to me the ipod video is just trying to be like the nano and ends up looking fat

That thing looks hideous! What is the point in wireless sharing anyway? I wont know a single person with a zune and if I did I wouldnt want their music anyway!

It has a bigger screen than the ipod but honestly if I am going to be in a situation where I can watch a video then I am likely to be at home where I can just watch it on a tv.

I love the looks (especially the brown) but its way too big. If it doesn't slide into my pocket comfortably, then im not going to take it with me anywhere and that kind of defeats the whole purpose.

I love the looks (especially the brown) but its way too big. If it doesn't slide into my pocket comfortably, then im not going to take it with me anywhere and that kind of defeats the whole purpose.

it's not that big! it's about the same size as a 3g ipod, which is easily pocketable.

I love how people are actually worried whether the Zune will be pocketable or not. Of bloody well course it will be. Heck, my old H120 is probably twice as big and slides in my jean pocket easily.

Though back on track. The Zune looks every interesting though I'll wait a bit to see if theres any upgrades to the hard drive or anything. Or I might have to get a iPod next.

Yeah that videos one of my favourites lol. I'm suprised with this but. It seems Microsoft may finally have learnt from their poor product packaging of past. Not only with the Zune but Vista and Office 07 also have extremley attractive box's.

Its a nice mp3 player, will be a good replacement for my aging Zen Xtra!!!

What software is required to use it? Can I actually use it outside of America (I live in Europe, and may import it through relatives in USA ?_?)?

Its a nice mp3 player, will be a good replacement for my aging Zen Xtra!!!

What software is required to use it? Can I actually use it outside of America (I live in Europe, and may import it through relatives in USA ?_?)?

Should be no problem importing it, you just won't have any warranty, unless you export it back to America and have them deal with it.

You only need the Zune software to be installed.