Free Any Video Converter 1.0

just tried it on some .mov files (from my Kodak Camera). I tried other converters but they would not convert properly. it worked nicely.

nice score Copernic! :D

• 1 month later...

Are there any plug-ins for this to select different output formats?

I'm trying to convert some .3gp files into .wmv so I can merge them in Windows Movie Maker, but all the default output profiles can't be used in Windows Movie Maker.

Any ideas people?

Thanks.

Hey, thanks for the help, I've just upgraded to 1.02, when converting to mpeg for use in Windows Movie Maker, the file appears to convert fine, but when it is imported into WMM, WMM crashes, so I'm not sure where the problem stems from there.

I've tried MediaCoder before but cannot work out that app!

Just downloaded winFF and it has worked! Nice little app, simple design and fast! Didn't realize it had finished!

Thanks for your help, I hope in the future they support more outputs for Any Video Converter, but until they do winFF works fantastically for me!

Can this program convert DVR-MS?

Hey, thanks for the help, I've just upgraded to 1.02, when converting to mpeg for use in Windows Movie Maker, the file appears to convert fine, but when it is imported into WMM, WMM crashes, so I'm not sure where the problem stems from there.

I think Windows Movie Maker is just buggy no matter what type of video file i import it crashes unless its WMV :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah, not to go too far off topic but I am also looking for a good joiner program that's free. I use AVI MPEG RM WMV Joiner by Boilsoft (not free) and it's pretty great for the most part, though sometimes it gives me an error that says unable to join because the files have different audio sampling rates. Is there a way to fix that? I tried another one called Briz Video Joiner, but it not only joins it gives you a bunch of confusing options about which codec to use because it wants to convert the file as well. So what's a good, fast, free joiner program that just works with no hassles about having different audio sampling rates? That's what I want to know.

Yeah, not to go too far off topic but I am also looking for a good joiner program that's free. I use AVI MPEG RM WMV Joiner by Boilsoft (not free) and it's pretty great for the most part, though sometimes it gives me an error that says unable to join because the files have different audio sampling rates. Is there a way to fix that? I tried another one called Briz Video Joiner, but it not only joins it gives you a bunch of confusing options about which codec to use because it wants to convert the file as well. So what's a good, fast, free joiner program that just works with no hassles about having different audio sampling rates? That's what I want to know.

http://www.alloksoft.com/fast_joiner.htm

This is what i use and i love it

all the video converters i see say they have the fastest conversion speed, but are there any that take advantage of dual core?

i've been trying to find one forever

• 1 year later...

Unless someone can steer me in a different direction, OJOsoft's Total Video Converter seems to be the one for me. I haven't tried some of the others mentioned in this thread, though. Also, the best joiner I have found is Allok's Video Joiner. Ditto for their Video Splitter.